Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to make a decision. Looking for the [ e] only because I want the back glass. The ones that have bought where have you had the most problems.And now that you have owned it a while would you do it again . And if so would you go with the same trim level. 74 yrs old only want to do this once. thank you in advance

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes.
I leave the moon roof open all day to vent heat (sun shade mostly closed).
I use the back window for air flow while driving (fresh air over A/C air)

I got an -E also for the front parking assist. My depth perception is going away, and that front right bumper is getting harder and harder to judge in a parking lot.
The cost of one insurance claim, let alone 2 or more over the lifetime of the truck is worth the cost of the next trim level.

The bed speaker will be used for the kids sports tournaments (camped out for 8 hours on Saturday).
The kids used to jump in the back of the 2007 and eat the snacks and play music, they will love this.

The power outlet, I'm not sure about yet.
It was well worth the wait.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,896 Posts
I really haven't had any serious problems. I bought my RTL-E on June 20. I would definitely buy this model again. To be honest, I'm not sure I've ever loved a four-month-old new car as much is this one. Part of that is that it's the perfect split for me. It's a car when I want it to be a car; and it's a truck when I want it to be a truck. I've gone back and forth between those two vehicle types my whole life. The RTL-E trim level just has the stuff I want. I probably wouldn't have bought it for any one feature but when you put the whole package together it was just clearly the right one for me. I use the back window a lot more than I ever have been any truck I've owned before because of its convenience. I love the heated steering wheel; I've used it twice. I like the touchscreen quite a bit. I like the customizability of many of the features that you get on RTL-Ts and above. A lot of the things that others complain about, such as the lack of a volume button, don't trouble me in the least.

I wholeheartedly recommend this truck to you. You won't be disappointed and it's worth the money even though it is a little steep. I'm afraid the real challenge for you is not going to be liking the RTL-E, it's going to be finding one. It may be the single rarest model of 2017 Ridgeline at the moment.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought the RTL-E over Labor Day weekend. So far so good. I took the truck on its first trip last week (800 miles round trip). Drives and handles very well. Personally, I could do without the lane keep assist and the adaptive cruise control. I find them more annoying than useful. According to the trip computer, I averaged 27.2 mpg on the trip, and admittedly I drove pretty easy. The only complaint I have is the trunk is smaller than that of my 2013 Ridgeline. The trunk also has a strong fiberglass odor that I have been unable to remove using charcoal or Ozium. I hope it will go away with time.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E, Northeast U.S.
2,896 Posts
I bought the RTL-E over Labor Day weekend. So far so good. I took the truck on its first trip last week (800 miles round trip). Drives and handles very well. Personally, I could do without the lane keep assist and the adaptive cruise control. I find them more annoying than useful. According to the trip computer, I averaged 27.2 mpg on the trip, and admittedly I drove pretty easy. The only complaint I have is the trunk is smaller than that of my 2013 Ridgeline. The trunk also has a strong fiberglass odor that I have been unable to remove using charcoal or Ozium. I hope it will go away with time.
The trunk smell does go away in time. I tried a number of products on it. Strangely, the one that seemed to work was Fantastik. Probably because it stinks as bad as the trunk did. I also left it open to the air for several days. I've experienced the same smell on other new plastic products. It went away there too.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Personally, I could do without the lane keep assist and the adaptive cruise control. I find them more annoying than useful.
You have the option to turn it off if you preferred ! :wink:

hit the "MAIN" button on the steering wheel. :smile:

And did you know that there are 2 cruise control modes ?? ( pg. 452 in the manual )

ACC & the good old normal cruise control as well.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Getting ready to make a decision. Looking for the [ e] only because I want the back glass. The ones that have bought where have you had the most problems.And now that you have owned it a while would you do it again . And if so would you go with the same trim level. 74 yrs old only want to do this once. thank you in advance
I purchased the "T", but just couldn't justify the $3500 more for the "E"model, I too was only interested in the sliding rear glass that the "E" model had, as the other options I didn't want. Since I hardly ever opened my rear glass on my RL 2008 except to carry some PVC or a 2x4 or two home from Home Depot on rare occasions, I passed on the "E".

trainman

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
I purchased just before Labor Day, about 3k miles now. Thankfully I have experienced none of the issues mentioned on this forum.

Yes, there are all the quirks that come with a new vehicle, especially since I haven't had a Honda of any kind since 2003. But, not 1 regret.

It suits me perfectly, like phineas stated, its car-ish and it's a truck, its just right for me. The only question mark remaining for me is winter, having never owned AWD, I have no data/experience in that world.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, i bought my 2 months ago...and only have one tailgate opened issue which an easy fixed. Well, for me I would definitely buy again. I personally also test drove the Taco, Frontier, Canyon, and Colorado before i bought my RL. Never regret and love the comfort, tech and it capabilities compare to my previous suv :) and the best is.. it fit inside my garage :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts