Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a problem with the security button on the drivers door slipping down. I had the dealer fix it, the next day it was back down again. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think it is a quick fix, it is something that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Funny you should mention this. I've had this problem since day one. I finally figured it out. When I put my elbow up on the window sill it sits directly on the security button and pushes it down. I take my penknife under the front edge and flip it back up. This is a real pain in the a**. I'm finally getting myself mentally trained to avoid putting my elbow on the danggone thing. This is a first for any vehicle I've owned. Nice to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. I had mentioned this about a month ago and nobody answered, so I figured I was the only one that this happens to. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just got back fro having my dealer fix this problem also. I will have to watch myself to make sure my elbow is not constantly on it. Thanks for the tip and I too am glad I am not the only one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
reddwarf said:
I just got back fro having my dealer fix this problem also. I will have to watch myself to make sure my elbow is not constantly on it. Thanks for the tip and I too am glad I am not the only one.
At least you were bright enough to take back to the dealer. I could have screwed it up by cutting into the vinyl, luckily I didn't. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Is that the little light right at the door lock, and if so what does it do? Do you use it to turn teh system on and off? MY RT had the knock out for it, but its not part of teh add-on security system.

skyhopsing said:
Has anyone had a problem with the security button on the drivers door slipping down. I had the dealer fix it, the next day it was back down again. Has anyone else had this problem? I don't think it is a quick fix, it is something that needs to be addressed.

·
Registered
297 Posts
reddwarf said:
Red, how did the dealer fix you security button. Is there a broken clip inside the door or did he do what I did. Just curious.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts