Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:When exiting my truck, I generally lock it first. What I'm used to is the little red LED above the driver's-door-lock button then starting to blink, indicating to me that the security system is armed. HOWEVER, about once or twice a week, it DOESN'T come on. Most of the time, If I unlock it, turn the ignition key to "on," and then lock the door again and close it, it starts blinking again like normal. A couple of times, even that hasn't worked. One of those times, I think I got it to work by putting the key in the door and turning it toward lock. Then the LED came on, I think.

Things that I've tried that have never worked include unlocking and relocking with the key and doing the same using only the wireless-unlock buttons on the key.

A couple of times, I kept unlocking the door, turning the key to "on," and relocking the door and closing it repeatedly until the LED came on.

I've looked in the manual, on here, and on line in general, with no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

·
Registered
304 Posts
My 2008 RTL does the same thing. I usually unlock all the doors, open the drivers door, then close the door and rearm and the light comes on.

Like yours.. Does not do it all the time.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I find mine does this on cool humid days, usually in the morning when parking at work. When this happens, the door open indicator on the dash always shows the drivers door open, even though I'm positive all doors are close. If I push the lock button on the FOB twice I do get the confirmation honk even if the indicator on the dash shows the door open.
I too just turn the ignition to on , then off, relock and this usually resets the alarm.

·
Premium Member
5,568 Posts
Mine dont even have the led indicator on the door but my alarm sets every time i know because it goes off all the time at school and work which is the same place lol
Mine has never gone off until last night when I was trying to work out the kinks in my remote start. It kinda scared me. My neighbors didn't think it was too cool either. It was about 11:30 at night. :eek:

It's fixed now. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts