Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just pisses me off that I paid MSRP in March and now there's the potential to "Unload" because some people think Honda "got it wrong" with the Ridge pricing. I feel sorry for some of those that posted paying thousands over list. I absolutely love the truck and in my mind, feel that its pricing based on options and technological advances is on the mark. The Big 3 discount wars will end soon and they'll still have to deal with the fact that they'll be loading up dealers again with vehicles the public doesn't want.

Honda was smart to stay the high road these past 3-4 months with pricing. IMHO, should Honda decide to drop their shorts on this one however, I think they'l really damage their relationship with some early Honda Ridge owners.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I think low prices only attract the less educated consumers. No matter how much off GM offers off of their trucks, I am not likely to buy one. I mean i suppose if they will sell me a Ford F250 4X4 Lariat for $20k, I'd buy one. But at it's current price level, I will stick with my ridgeline.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nobody can expect vehicles to sell for MSRP and stay at those prices, except if the product is in extremely short supply. To Honda's credit, they hold their value much better than the Big Three do. How would you like to pay MSRP on a $43,000 Avalanche and now get the same vehicle for $33,000, or less, and still have a piece of cr*p. Can you imagine the hit on trade in value those users have suffered, given this price drop. At least Honda has held in the $3000 dollar off of MSRP range, and above invoice. The thing to look at is the quality of vehicle you have for the price.
To play on the leading edge, or buy the newest, you are going to pay premium prices. I remember my first VCR which cost me $1,800 and video tapes were $20 at case prices..VCR's are now next to free. Ya they are selling Ridgelines this week cheaper than last week, but I really enjoyed last week with my Ridgeline. :D That being said, I feel your pain but I haven't seen the deep discounting which could have happened either.
On a happier note, I have been keeping an eye on our local Dealers. Ridgelines are moving at a much faster rate than I have ever seen. It's getting much harder to find a nav system in the area. I've seen three Black Nav Ridges move in the past two weeks! One Dealer moved 5 Ridgelines in the past week alone...Things are picking up quickly, here. Watch your lots empty now that prices are falling a bit more within reason.

·
Registered
460 Posts
NJDevil5 said:
Just pisses me off that I paid MSRP in March and now there's the potential to "Unload" because some people think Honda "got it wrong" with the Ridge pricing. I feel sorry for some of those that posted paying thousands over list. I absolutely love the truck and in my mind, feel that its pricing based on options and technological advances is on the mark. The Big 3 discount wars will end soon and they'll still have to deal with the fact that they'll be loading up dealers again with vehicles the public doesn't want.

Honda was smart to stay the high road these past 3-4 months with pricing. IMHO, should Honda decide to drop their shorts on this one however, I think they'l really damage their relationship with some early Honda Ridge owners.
i have to agree. we will really get the raw end of the deal from honda: early bugs to be ironed out and the price breaks go to some one else.........not cool at all.

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah...that really sucks...my first Honda experience has been pretty good,
but this may make me a non-Honda customer in the future....Dang! I should have waites for the Acura model :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
You guys are funny...what did you expect with a new model, invoice pricing? That's just how the market works, it's called supply and demand.

I had to shop around for mine because some dealers are still selling at "their" price and don't feel the need to go lower, but I bought mine back in June for invoice. But, I don't think Honda is going to go much lower, if at all. They still have to sell them all of next year too.

And you think this is bad, look at all the people that bought the 2004 RX-8 for MSRP($33k) or higher and less than a year later they were selling for $1k under invoice plus rebates.

·
Registered
993 Posts
I knew when I paid MSRP in March I would've been able to get a much better deal If I waited a few months, but we decided than it would be worth 2-3000 to get it in March. I'm very satisfied. We are driving the best midsize truck on the road. The market is discovering this truck. I was pretty objective about my purchase only wanting the best, and I know I got it. The CRV and pilot blend in with the crowd and sell in high numbers. The Element and Ridgeline have bolder styling and sell less units (I think they both look great by the way). People want the RL. They may not be able to afford it, but they want it. The only place I feel Honda has erred is filling the market with high end RT-Ls. They should be making many more RTs if they want to move shear volume, but they may be making more money selling less high end models.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Bought mine in March, first one at the dealer, and could care less what others got. Wait 4 years and get even a better deal as new version is announced. If anyone gets a deal great for them, anyone buying the Ridge has made the right choice. BTW dealer here had 6 on the lot saturday and today one was left. I'm sure they are not using employee pricing to give them away. If you want quality and innovation pay up. If the deal is too good to be true there is probably is a reason. :cool:

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I doubt the short supply will affect RL's since they only started selling them in March. I think the hype is because of the 'employee discount'.

RL's will be around for a long time and the prices will continue to drop or will level out. It's this type of hype that has dealerships still expecting to get at or over MSRP.

I agree with Shingles about educated consumers. I felt i got a great deal in April when I paid $1700 below MSRP, which equates to about $1200 over invoice. I didn't wanna wait either because I waited long enough for a Honda pick-up.

It's proven to be the best pick-up on the market and I am reminded of that every day when I turn the key to start my truck.

So the heck with the hype......for those still shopping, shop! Don't take crap from dealers who want to prey on misinformation and fear of rising prices because GM and the other desparate ones were able to con the public into buying some of their 'crap' (no offense to past or current GM/Ford owners). Just because lots are empty doesn't mean the production lines have stopped!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Maybe if the dealers were not so greedy the would not have the 90 day supply that was reported.

I can remember someones post that the salesman did not want to him to post that invoice price was available. The game they play s__ks. The document fees that come out of no where after the deal is made is the pits.

One hand does not know what the other is doing. I looked at GM trucks while shopping for the new truck. I found salesmen not interested in dealing, I could not believe it.

I am glad I have a Honda.

I would like to see door guards that I see on the cheapest cars not cost 400 dollars. If honda's profit margin on trucks are as high as GM and Ford there has to be something they could do to make the first ridgeline owners feel happy.

I dont feel unhappy now, but who knows.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have decided to get a Ridgeline and even just a cursory look at prices in my area on the internet show I can get a Ridgeline for $500 over invoice. I think the industry is getting hurt by fuel prices so people are shying away from these kind of vehicles unless they have a good use for one. Anyway, this is a great site and I feel when I do get to the negotiation phase I will be well educated.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi,

I am not sure but I think the price is invoice ; and try to get the 1k back from Honda.

The dealer make 800; Honda still is making lots of money everyone should be happy.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I have listened to people saying that employee pricing is just a gimic, because the the bottom has dropped out of there GM, Ford trade in values, even if you want to take advantage, your foreign model will take a hit.

HAS ANYONE PROFITED FROM EMPLOYEE PRICING??? :eek:

·
Registered
114 Posts
GM, F and DCX are barely making anything with this pricing and they know that. They are doing it to clear inventory which they successfully did. The objective for them is to keep the factories going. The used values of these brands will have to drop based on the significantly lower price of a new vehicle. On the other hand the foriegn makers, Honda in particular, have stated they will not discount in order to protect new and used values. Toyota has already announced across the board price increases for 2006.

·
Registered
534 Posts
The sales manager at Honda where we bought our RL - who is a friend and former co-worker of my husband's - said the GM and Ford deals this summer has increased Honda's sales. The prices of the RL have not changed here from March when they first arrived. Being a '06, I doubt there will be a big end-of-model-year sale on these babies.

More interesting gossip: the banks here will NOT finance used GM products older than '00 models. One girl arrived on the lot at Honda wanting to trade her one year old Corsica. She'd paid 18K for it and the red book value one year later was $7,800, although she owed 11K. The manager called all around to the GM dealers and not one was interested in taking it off her hands.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I personally felt deceived when Honda said they were only going to make 50000 and then it went to 80000 Ridges, these in themselves my be little things, but what winds up happening is an erosion of trust.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Ridge said:
They made me very happy when they extended the warranty to 5 years 60,000 miles. Are we forgetting that people?
We may want to keep in mind that a manufacturer's reasoning behind extending a warranty often is based on the fact that they already are having a problem. What is it? The oil leak? Faulty tranny like the Accord and Acura had?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts