Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I bought my RTL at $1013 below invoice at Hendrick Honda in Woodbridge, Va approximately a month ago.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Cmon Rich, you will have to do better than that. Like the Element, the Ridgeline isnt selling well here in the Chicagoland area. For example, I just got a quote on an 05 Element EX 4WD 5 speed for $18330 incl destination.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Are you all kidding, $500 over invoice is a very good no haggle price for a Ridgeline. If you want to do better than that, go in with a plan to negotiate. For some people it is nice to have a good price without having to play the old game. And this is far better than probably a majority of Ridgeline owners paid already. And to say it isn't selling well is a little silly, based on sales numbers it is still projected to exceed the 50k that Honda originally had planned for the 2006 model year (which ends Sept 2006 by the way). Large vehicles in general aren't selling great, but this is still holding its share even given the GM bargain basement pricing and Ford following in their footsteps.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Capt,

I stated/meant to state they arent selling well in the Chicagoland area. I think pricing should be invoice max. What can I say, Im tough.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
purduealum91 said:
Capt,

I stated/meant to state they arent selling well in the Chicagoland area. I think pricing should be invoice max. What can I say, Im tough.
What is your basis for saying they aren't selling well? It isn't like Honda expected to sell half a million units. 50k units before Sept 2006 certainly seems feasible when you consider that they have already sold about 15k since March. Any dealership that was expecting this to be a high volume high profit item was off their rocker. Honda didn't intend it to be, and it isn't likely that it is going to be.

·
Registered
1 Posts
purduealum91,

What chicagoland dealerships are you getting the invoice price from? I live in the Chicagoland area and the best I can do so far at three honda dealerships isn't even close to that.

thanks,
John

·
Registered
4 Posts
captmiddy said:
What is your basis for saying they aren't selling well? It isn't like Honda expected to sell half a million units. 50k units before Sept 2006 certainly seems feasible when you consider that they have already sold about 15k since March. Any dealership that was expecting this to be a high volume high profit item was off their rocker. Honda didn't intend it to be, and it isn't likely that it is going to be.
http://www.freep.com/money/autoreviews/ridgeline14e_20050714.htm

Bottom Line: The Ridgeline's innovative features and efficient design won raves, but it has yet to meet Honda's expectations. Honda hoped to sell 50,000 to 60,000 Ridgelines a year, but sales are well short of that pace.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thats what I have been saying all along, but people chastised me. Here in Chicagoland, I cant even say I have seen 3 new Ridgelines since launch. I travel I-88 everyday and live in the Naperville area. Around here, they arent selling too well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts