Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to place this, but please move if necessary, T-Mac. It's the same problem (minor), I've had for some time. I keep forgetting to mention it to the dealer when in for servicing. My elbow rests on the sensor button and it gets pushed down. I have to take a penknife and get under the edge to pop the button back where it belongs. Not sure if the front of the button has a piece missing, that causes it to do this or not. I've mentioned this a couple of times with no response, and if my old brain can remember, I'll eventually get to the dealer. Is there anybody at Honda or on the board that has this same problem or have heard of it? My guess is it's spring loaded and there's a piece missing or it's off set a little. Told you it was minor, but still annoying when it happens.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I believe you are refering to the security LED above the door lock? Its not a sensor but just light to indicate the security system is armed. I too have pushed it in and have not been able to get it back into place. I would ussually place my arm on top of the door panel as well but I am trying to switch to the door arm rest.

When I switch the speakers out I plan to add tape to the underside of the panel to help hold it in place.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doc, you are right. It's just an indicator light, wrong terminology, sorry. I'm able to get it back in place with no problem, but as I have said before, it's annoying. I gotta believe this is not normal. Thanks for the input. :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update. I finally got off my butt and showed the service department what was up with the sensor indicator on the drivers door. He ordered parts and said he would fix it as soon as they came in. I'll get more details when the parts show up. It's probably a clip that is broken off on the one side in the door itself, but who knows? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts