Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum is filled with Honda Representatives, Members who have access to this information, and can get information that we as Owners would like to know. I have seen fragments of this information, and I know it exists. It would sure be nice to have a thread where this information is current and be updated. The data could prove very interesting to many of us.

My challenge is to obtain:

1. Current Ridgeline Sales By month, Year:
2. Ridgeline Serial Number Range Manufactured by Month, Year or Build date

Your information is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here's what I see for sales per Bloomberg newswire:

YTD 22,474
Aug 4,308
Jul 3,911
Jun 3,585
May 3,297
Apr 3,365
Mar 3,875
Feb 133

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here ae the sales figures I obtained:

Ridgeline Feb 133
Ridgeline March 3,875
Ridgeline April 3,365
Ridgeline May 3,297
Ridgeline June 3,585
Ridgeline July 3,911
Ridgeline Aug 4,308

Note: 4 months of increases! Good sign! :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rocker said:
Hey we tie out!
Hahahaha I bow in your honor. Serial Numbers might get harder...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like serial numbers are more difficult to determine, unless someone has the secret decoder ring.

I know this: I bought on July 28th and have #289xx. So obvoiusly 28900 Ridgelines were built by July 28th.

Any other numbers?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
denvrfan said:
Hey, LR. They must have been making Silver RTL's the day they made ours. Mine was less than 100 later than yours :)

Is that the day they forgot to paint them? LOL - (refer to other link that claims silver was not an intended color....)

Just kidding Ladyridge..... ;)

L

·
0 Posts
meanmachine19 said:
Is that the day they forgot to paint them? LOL - (refer to other link that claims silver was not an intended color....)

Just kidding Ladyridge..... ;)
I know Kevin. I know. :rolleyes:
;)

L

·
0 Posts
denvrfan said:
Hey, LR. They must have been making Silver RTL's the day they made ours. Mine was less than 100 later than yours :)
Great Non-Color eh!!??
Be sure to come North on November 5th so we can have a whole bunch of Silver RL's to take pics of!! :p

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
By now I figured a few "experts" would have chimed in on serial numbers. Like did they start at serial #1 or #100 or #1000?

LowRider 90 seems to have one of the more recent buys. I wonder if it was an order out or a lot vehicle? Can't you give us a serial number (approx range is OK)?

I went through three before they found one that I would accept, and I took the highest serial number one of the three. Wonder how many have been produced to date?

Good info so far. ;)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here's the breakdown:

2H - Mfg. Code (Canada)

J - Type of vehicle (Honda Truck)

YK1 - Body Type (Ridgeline 3.5L V6 SOHC VTEC)

6 - Body type and Transmission (4 door, 5 speed AT)

2 - Grade Code (2 - RT, 4 - RTS, 5 - RTL, RTL-S, RTL-SN)

* - Check Digit

6 - Model Year (2006)

H - Factory Code (Ontario, Canada)

5 - Area Code (0 - Canada, 5 - USA)

00001 - Consecutive unit number

That's it! It Won't tell you month or date of manufacturing. Any information on that would have to come directly from Honda.

·
Registered
114 Posts
haven't been around for a while but we are very close to 40,000 built...the other shift is doing them this week so I can't tell you exactly.

I think they are slowing production down to ramp up the 2006 mdx...since it will only be a run of a few months with the new mdx coming out in april. I think we are varying between 270-300/day right now and I would assume they will pull it down to 210-240 for a few months.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the first hand information!! :D

L

·
0 Posts
the kid said:
haven't been around for a while but we are very close to 40,000 built...the other shift is doing them this week so I can't tell you exactly.

I think they are slowing production down to ramp up the 2006 mdx...since it will only be a run of a few months with the new mdx coming out in april. I think we are varying between 270-300/day right now and I would assume they will pull it down to 210-240 for a few months.
Hey Kid..where ya been? We missed you. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts