L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Service Bulletin #2

PRIORITY/ACTION REQUIRED

To: All Honda Service Managers/Advisors

Re: Request For Photos: 2006 Ridgeline Bumper Paint Defects

Print this iN message and provide a copy to the Shop Foreman, Body Shop Foreman, and all Service Advisors.

Background

American Honda (AHM) would like to collect digital photos of certain 2006 Ridgelines with a customer or dealer complaint of the front or rear bumper paint peeling, bubbling, blistering or cracking.

NOTE: AHM is not interested in bumper paint issues caused by impact with a foreign object, such as a stone or debris. AHM would like to collect digital photos of factory imperfections only.

NOTE: AHM will need at least three photos of the defect: (1) a close-up photo of the defect, (2) a photo depicting the defect and the surrounding area of the defect of at least 18 inches in diameter, and (3) a photo from a distance of 3 to 5 feet away.

If you have or know of such a vehicle with a paint issue, please refer to Action Required below.

Action Required

Call Technical Research and Support (TRS) Group at (800) 880-1072. TRS will provide you with further instructions.

Thank you.

Sorry..for the spelling. Sometimes my fingers go faster than my brain!! :confused:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Ladyridge,

Thanks for posting these bulletins.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was waxing my truck for the first time before it got too hot this summer, and I did notice small bubbling and chipping of the paint on the rear bumper. It seems to be in the area of where the rear bumper is bolted to the truck. Actually, they are located on each side directly below those bolts. I haven't called yet, but just saw the post today. I will call ASAP and keep everyone posted. By the way, the handle on my tailgate is already loose. Anyone else with this problem? THANKS Ladyridge, for the post!

To soar like an eagle, you must first learn to waddle like a duck.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
12VoltRidgeline said:
I was waxing my truck for the first time before it got too hot this summer, and I did notice small bubbling and chipping of the paint on the rear bumper. It seems to be in the area of where the rear bumper is bolted to the truck. Actually, they are located on each side directly below those bolts. I haven't called yet, but just saw the post today. I will call ASAP and keep everyone posted. By the way, the handle on my tailgate is already loose. Anyone else with this problem? THANKS Ladyridge, for the post!

To soar like an eagle, you must first learn to waddle like a duck.
Hey 12 volt... there is a post in here somewhere about the tailgate handle and about a month ago or so there was a bulletin on it in the dealership. I'll check back in the TSB archives and see if I can find it and get you the details.

·
Registered
91 Posts
THANKS! Ladyridge for the post. I've been so busy starting a new business I haven't made it down to the dealership yet. I know, no excuses, I mean we are talking about a RidgeLine. I'll keep you all informed. Thanks again.

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
Good luck with your new business, 12VRL.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
12VoltRidgeline said:
THANKS! Ladyridge for the post. I've been so busy starting a new business I haven't made it down to the dealership yet. I know, no excuses, I mean we are talking about a RidgeLine. I'll keep you all informed. Thanks again.
Let me know if there is anything I can do.
:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
SSquire said:
This is what they are going to repaint on my bumper.

The one on the vertical (near the license plate light) is about 1/8-1/4 in deep dent. The other ones look like the bumber was shot with some birdshot that melted the plastic.

Vertical:
AWWWWWWWW MAN! You'd have to show a RED ONE!!
Geez, I hate when that happens!

·
Registered
10,401 Posts
It looks like voids in the plastic. It should have never left the factory. Good luck.

·
Registered
484 Posts
When he told me they were going to repaint it, I was thinking "OK, but when that doesn't fix the problem you WILL be replacing it." We'll see what they do, if I'm not completely satisified they'll know it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts