Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took in my 2019 RTL-E for it's first oil service yesterday at 7600 miles. I was about 300 miles over the recommended change, as my Ridge kept reminding me. Does anyone else find the service reminder sound annoying? I was planning to take it in about 6 months earlier, but I had started a new job, then Covid-19 hit.

The Bad: The Honda dealer service seemed somewhat in disarray
1. There were only 2 or 3 techs working and a steady amount of customers coming in.
2. The service desk person actually said "We don't take appointments, it's first come first serve".
3. I had booked my service online and didn't get service reminder via text like I was supposed to
4. I had two outstanding recall inspections that needed to be done (timing belt and fuel pump). They couldn't do it due to the lack of technicians.

The Good:
1. The people working were extremely nice and apologetic for the low number of technicians available.
2. I chatted with a fellow happy RTL-E owner while waiting and told him about RidgelineOwnersClub.com
3. I got my oil change, inspection done and they did the tire rotation free. I will have to reschedule for the recall inspections.

Overall the Honda people were great. It is obvious that the Honda service at my dealer wasn't at full capacity yet. The service desk person did mention that things have just started to pick up again. These are weird times we're in. It's good to cut everyone some slack. Things will very slowly get back to normal :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Shame they had to lay off so many employees. Probably because your state's Governor limited the amount of employees because of square footage in the service area. AFAIK, my local Honda dealer stayed at full capacity with exception of their sales team. I will be soon be due for my first oil change. Would have been much sooner, but since teleworking for the past 6 weeks, I have only put about 100 miles on my RL. I am at ~5900 miles. Cheap gas and nowhere to go. That sucks! So happy WV is opening up our phase 3 openings today. Restaurants are finally opened with limited customers. Time to drive the RL and indulge in some authentic Mexican food this weekend. Yay!

·
Registered
21 Posts
So happy WV is opening up our phase 3 openings today. Restaurants are finally opened with limited customers. Time to drive the RL and indulge in some authentic Mexican food this weekend. Yay!
Authentic mexican food in West Virginia! I dont think Taco Bell qualifies.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Authentic mexican food in West Virginia! I dont think Taco Bell qualifies.
You are right, Taco Bell would not qualify by any means. As I like to say about Taco Bell, it's a bag full of farts. :D There are three very good "authentic" ones in my area. Los Trancas, Don Patron and El Ray. All have really great food and are owned and operated by great people of Mexican decent. I know they will appreciate the business.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
-->Shame they had to lay off so many employees. Probably because your state's Governor limited the amount of employees because of square footage in the service area. AFAIK, my local Honda dealer stayed at full capacity with exception of their sales team.
Automotive is considered essential business in my state and has been open. There have been less customers because people stayed home. Plus some of the part time techs made more money on unemployment.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Automotive is considered essential business in my state and has been open. There have been less customers because people stayed home. Plus some of the part time techs made more money on unemployment.
The same here. Even auto repair/body shops remained opened the entire time too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
You are right, Taco Bell would not qualify by any means. As I like to say about Taco Bell, it's a bag full of farts. :D There are three very good "authentic" ones in my area. Los Trancas, Don Patron and El Ray. All have really great food and are owned and operated by great people of Mexican decent. I know they will appreciate the business.
Well that sounds better than N.H.! I’ll have to stop by someday in my travels.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts