1 - 20 of 21 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PRIORITY/ACTION REQUIRED

To: All Honda Service Managers/Advisors

Re: Request For Visit: 2006 Ridgeline Interior Water Leaks

Print this iN message and provide a copy to the Shop Foreman and all Service Advisors.

Background
American Honda (AHM) would like to inspect certain 2006 Ridgelines with a customer or dealer complaint of any interior water leak(s) on the front passenger’s floor.

NOTE: To fully understand the cause of these occurrences, AHM would like to inspect the vehicle you are reporting prior to you attempting a repair of any kind.

If you have or know of such a vehicle, please refer to Action Required below.

Action Required
Call Technical Research and Support (TRS) Group at 1-800-880-1072. TRS will coordinate with you and the factory to arrange a mutually agreeable inspection date and time.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
"AHM would like to inspect the vehicle you are reporting prior to you attempting a repair of any kind." In the mean time provide customer with an official pair of Ridgeline hip waders.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Uh oh! I thought that the water leak problem had been isolated and corrected. I just posted that thought in another thread. If there are still people with water leak problems that have not been corrected I will correct or update my comments on the other thread ASAP.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I was thinking a snokel, mask and fins but hip waders are more realistic.

Mine is still dry since having it in to be water tightened.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I took my truck in yesterday for windshield noise. Their technician test drove at highway speed and he reported wind noise along the top edge of the windshield commencing at around 40 mph. I mentioned that I was aware of this problem thru this group and asked if there was a SB issued by Honda. Both the Service Manager and the technician fiend surprise and said they aware of the Ody having some problems with this but not the RL. They wrote up the repair and will schedule my windshield to be removed and resealed (in conjunction with a trim replacement) next week. I read in these threads early in May that a SB was due to be issued. Any news on this? Csimo? Lady Ridge? :rolleyes:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tex's Ridge said:
I took my truck in yesterday for windshield noise. Their technician test drove at highway speed and he reported wind noise along the top edge of the windshield commencing at around 40 mph. I mentioned that I was aware of this problem thru this group and asked if there was a SB issued by Honda. Both the Service Manager and the technician fiend surprise and said they aware of the Ody having some problems with this but not the RL. They wrote up the repair and will schedule my windshield to be removed and resealed (in conjunction with a trim replacement) next week. I read in these threads early in May that a SB was due to be issued. Any news on this? Csimo? Lady Ridge? :rolleyes:
This is the first official bulletin I have seen on this issue. I will up date you as they come in.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks for starting this catagory in the forums!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
I'M AMAZED and more than a little pissed at the fact that there is not a TSB on this issue. I had the same problem as Tex on Tuesday. The SM at the dealer said that there was no word of it at Honda. What the hell does it take for HONDA to issue a TSB? There are potentially 5000 vehicles on the road with a major manufacturing defect and HONDA drags it's heels. Now I have to be another "test monkey" for a dealer who has not a single clue how to fix this issue. If it's been fixed sucessfully in more than one case, then why isn't the TSB out? HONDA, are you listening...?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have experienced the leak problem and tomorrow will be the test. Tomorrow there is supposed to be heavy rain in my area and I will be driving the truck to work. It will be sitting outside all day. My dealer has "repaired" the problem and I hope that it certainly has been fixed. I had the wind noise problem but it was not near as noticeable as it is now. I had called AH's customer service the day the truck went in for service. I had already contacted them about the nav not being able to understand commands, the quick start guide and the lock issues. AH reimbursed me 2 car payments (almost $600) for my troubles. They went out of their way to make me happy as a customer. I just got a call from them yesterday about the water problem I had and this time they offered no solutions to this what I consider a very serious problem. They more or less advised me that it is a new vehicle and said they do not blame me for being upset about it. I told them about the wind noise and again they offered to contact the dealer to have it in for service. I have had several accords all without any problems. I just don't understand why there was no "quality control" in place to verify documentation, useability, and most of all water soaking my carpet. I am not one to get fired up about things with a vehicle. I know there are going to be problems (especially a first year vehicle), but I honestly would never have expected anything like this from Honda.
I am going to take it in for the wind noise and this is going to be the make or break decision for me. It's going to be on probation for a while. I may be near the end of my relationship with this truck though. I didn't have alot to finance on the vehicle and I am contemplating paying it off and dumping it. I have had enough "gremlins" in two months to last me for a long time. For the most part I really do love the truck, but it has become one of those love hate relationships. If you ask anyone who owns a Honda, the comment is "they'll run forever and I have never had any problems..." Guess I could lie to make myself feel better... :confused:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Now that I am back from vacation I will be taking my RL in for my original water leak they could not replicate (but all I had to do was take it back to the same car wash.......).

It's frustrating since we all love Honda's. I even helped my friend swing a sweet deal for one last Monday (there were 12 on the lot, one on the showroom floor and one up on the display ramp - 14 total not counting my friend's - what does that tell you?). And he has other problems now that I haven't heard on this forum (airbag light stayed on the whole 2-hour ride home, his driver seat reclined on its own getting out of the car and only one of four air vents working - but everything worked at the lot....)

It's hard to be positive about it when you have the 'hate-love' relationship after waiting a lifetime for a pick-up from Honda. Since I paid cash I cannot be as fortunate as MSMITH56 in getting reimbursed.

Then yesterday I noticed the driver's side quarter panel popped out about 1/4 inch and won't stay in.....

I love my truck, don't get me wrong....but I should have waited like my wife wanted to instead of being a first year buyer and 'test rat'.

:mad: MAKE IT RIGHT HONDA! :mad:

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
Ladyridge,

Is your post a Service Bulletin and if so, what is the TSB #? I'd like to know before I take mine back in on Monday.

Thanks.

·
Registered
167 Posts
How many miles (appx.) are your trucks at when you start seeing these different problems? I haven't seen any of them yet but then I'm at about 850 miles on the odometer. So far so good.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nwdiver said:
How many miles (appx.) are your trucks at when you start seeing these different problems? I haven't seen any of them yet but then I'm at about 850 miles on the odometer. So far so good.
I saw my water leak issue begin about 2 weeks into driving. I now have 10, 124 miles on her as of today so I guess I was at around 1,000 miles. I noticed the creaky steering wheel a few weeks into it as well and as of now, it is gone on it's own with no repair.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
nwdriver,

I had mine 2 days when I took it to a full service car wash for the front water leak. So less than 200 miles.....

No other problems to report. Truck is in the shop since yesterday, they are going to look at the windshield/molding as source of problem.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I am taking my baby in tomorrow morning for windshield repair and bottom molding replacement. Hopefully, this will fix the wind noise. No service bulletin as yet, and the service folks is still saying they have not heard of this problem with the RL. It's funny how the jump right to the conclusion of resealing or replacing the glass when I mentioned wind noise! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
459 Posts
having been an ASE certified mechanic and working in new car dealers for years. I can say that companies are slow with TSB's and repairs on new vehicles.
It takes them to breakdown, be brought in, mechanic figure out the problem , and then report it to a company. It takes many vehicles to warrant a TSB and then someone has to actually fix one to make the TSB.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
LadyRidge said:
PRIORITY/ACTION REQUIRED

To: All Honda Service Managers/Advisors

Re: Request For Visit: 2006 Ridgeline Interior Water Leaks

Print this iN message and provide a copy to the Shop Foreman and all Service Advisors.

Background
American Honda (AHM) would like to inspect certain 2006 Ridgelines with a customer or dealer complaint of any interior water leak(s) on the front passenger’s floor.

NOTE: To fully understand the cause of these occurrences, AHM would like to inspect the vehicle you are reporting prior to you attempting a repair of any kind.

If you have or know of such a vehicle, please refer to Action Required below.

Action Required
Call Technical Research and Support (TRS) Group at 1-800-880-1072. TRS will coordinate with you and the factory to arrange a mutually agreeable inspection date and time.

Thank you.
LadyRidge: I hope you get this note. I am seeing a lot of complaints in different places about water leaks.

Is it possible for you to send out a poll asking the ROC members about water leaks in their Ridge. You could have three selections:
1. present milage and no water leaks
2. present milage and water leak front passenger side
3. present milage and water leaks in rear seat area.

I know Gas Milage complaints take up a lot of room, but actual water damage to our trucks is very important info. If there are about 20,000 trucks involved
in the suspect Vin Numbers, What % of the ROC members are experiencing this?
Your HELP and expertise would be greatly appreciated by all!:)

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
Cajun Country Ridgeline said:
LadyRidge: I hope you get this note. I am seeing a lot of complaints in different places about water leaks.

Is it possible for you to send out a poll asking the ROC members about water leaks in their Ridge. You could have three selections:
1. present milage and no water leaks
2. present milage and water leak front passenger side
3. present milage and water leaks in rear seat area.

I know Gas Milage complaints take up a lot of room, but actual water damage to our trucks is very important info. If there are about 20,000 trucks involved
in the suspect Vin Numbers, What % of the ROC members are experiencing this?
Your HELP and expertise would be greatly appreciated by all!:)

Cajun Country Ridgeline - excellent idea. I second your request.

When I was a newbie here I tried to do a poll on this issue and screwed it up.
It ended up beeing a post with just a Yes or No question & answer with approximately 81 responses so far.

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2702

I had planned on a poll so I could print out a one or two page result to take to my dealer and get a response on the water leak issue.
Taking 80+ responses to a dealer is a little cumbersome and who would read them all?

Some of the responses I got suggested a poll would have been much better and I suggested deleting that thread and doing a poll but nothing became of it.

The results of a new poll on this issue would me very interesting and usefull to many.

I'm not sure your poll selection items can be edited in the poll area with different mileages but if a member answers with a YES to your selection #2 & #3 it would be great if they would respond in the thread with their mileage as you suggested.

I would also add VIN# and Build Date. (at least the Build Date) for those who don't want to post their VIN's. (maybe last 5 digits of VIN)

I would think a poll like this, set up properly, would show a more accurate trend of when the leak issue began and most importantly show data when the issue started to subsided in the later Build Dates which would ease the minds of many and help, in a positive way, those that are contemplating a Ridgeline purchase.

Access to this trend/data in one easy location would be much better than searching the many leak threads and reading them to find build dates.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts