Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have my manual with me at the moment, is there a way to set my havoc controls to always be the same when I get in the truck? I always have to get in , change the fan speed, vent positions, and turn on auto. It always seems to default back to a setting I dont want. Can my settings be saved?

Thanks

Geo

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,670 Posts
Geo, I have no idea what you wish to do. If you have an RTL (and like my RTS) you have climate control. After you crank up the engine, hit the auto button on your HVAC system and leave everything else alone. Crank up or down the temp as desired. That should be all you need to do.

I don't understand why you would have to change fan speeds, etc. Simply hit the auto button to turn everything on. This time of year (unless it's moist out), I hit the AC button to turn off the compressor.

Here's the HVAC self-diagnostic test (and also shows the controls) if you wish to run the test:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, when I get in the truck and start it, fan is set on high, and blowing at my feet. I change it to low speed and blowing out the dash and all is good. Shut the truck off and it goes back to high speed and back blowing at the floor. I use the auto function but shut the truck off, and everything goes back to high blower speed and blowing at my feet.

My land rover I set it and never have to mess with it again. It stays at my last setting. It is also digital style set up.

I just thought I may me missing something.

Thank you for the info..

Geo

·
Super Moderator
22,670 Posts
Run the test and see what shows up.

In cold weather, I expect to see high fan speed and blowing at my feet to warm up the vehicle when it's cold and the HVAC is set to Auto. But it shouldn't start blowing until the engine starts to warm up past, oh, 120*F or so... I can't remember the coolant temp I've noticed my heat starting to come on... but something like that.

I shut off my HVAC system before I shut down my engine and turn it on after I start the engine. That shouldn't make a difference... but still...

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Run the test and see what shows up.

In cold weather, I expect to see high fan speed and blowing at my feet to warm up the vehicle when it's cold and the HVAC is set to Auto. But it shouldn't start blowing until the engine starts to warm up past, oh, 120*F or so... I can't remember the coolant temp I've noticed my heat starting to come on... but something like that.

I shut off my HVAC system before I shut down my engine and turn it on after I start the engine. That shouldn't make a difference... but still...
Speed no need to turn system off remember fan should be on at all times except for service. If you had remote start & wanted it to cool down or heat up it would be on when you started the vehicle no issue when left on.

·
Super Moderator
22,670 Posts
Fred, I don't like having systems on when starting up or shutting down. Perhaps systems are designed to handle that in today's vehicles. But I have too many years under my belt using checklists which mandate such procedures. Also, I don't use remote start. So this may well fall into personal preference, but I also think it is good operating procedure.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts