Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find wire color, wire size and pin connections of seven pin connector for towing on gen 2 Ridgeline? Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did that already, just wondering if anything in print.
Trying to avoid “the shades of mediocrity”(Paul Simon).

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
You can also find it on most trailer-related sites, like etrailer.

Here is a photo from inside my trailer:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Regardless of what any other source says, the pic below shows the actual blade assignment and wire colors for the vehicle indicated. This based on my OEM socket which is sitting in front of me as I type this - available for inspection because I removed it to install a dual 7 & 4 pin socket.

FWIW the blade assignment matches every other RV 7-blade socket/trailer I've ever owned; the wire colors used by Honda as shown above do not.

Note that the Honda wire colors on my '19 RTL-E are consistent through the chassis harness connector before the bumper socket assembly (the rectangular in-line harness connector fastened under the rear of the vehicle).

Note, too, that unlike some vehicles, the RL trailer socket Battery+ is hot only with the ignition on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
OK now on my trailer conector I can't get turn signals or brake lights to work ,l have used plug in tester and my multi meter and had the truck running and still couldn't find turn signals with the emergency flashers turned on ..so where do I start , I have checked fuses and ect so I'm at a loss

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
OK now on my trailer conector I can't get turn signals or brake lights to work ,l have used plug in tester and my multi meter and had the truck running and still couldn't find turn signals with the emergency flashers turned on ..so where do I start , I have checked fuses and ect so I'm at a loss
Other than "take it to a Honda dealer" I have no advice, sorry.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
According to this thread https://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/threads/trailer-wiring-w-pics.19998/#post-2688233
Post # 16, looks like you have been having this issue for two years.

Use this link >> https://www.bernardiparts.com/Honda-Trailer-Hitch-Harness-Ridgeline__08L91-SJC-XXX.aspx
Choose the year on the bottom that matches your truck, and follow the PDF's wiring diagram to troubleshoot.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you ! That is going to be a big help ,at least I have a start point to go looking for relays and fuses and then wiring Thanks !

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Bigguy49
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums
Honda Ridgeline Owners Club, forum community to discuss reviews, accessories, performance, care, mods, and more.
Full Forum Listing