Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a tutorial for installation of these awesome things called shadow lights! I was not planning on posting this so I don’t have ALL of the pictures but I will try to explain the best I can using words.
I had some wiring problems so it took a little longer than I anticipated but without that you’re looking at about an hour of your time.
Here is a link to the product I bought.

Step 1.) Door Panel Removal
This was the hardest part of the installation in my opinion. I do not have pictures but I strongly recommend doing some research on how to actually take this off. The plastic pieces that hold the grommets break very easily!
The driver door has electrical connectors to take off and the passenger door has 2.

Step 2.) Drill the hole
The kit comes with a hole saw and a very good one at that!
Find a spot on the bottom side of the door and drill the hole
Then run the wire through the hole and attach the locking ring that secures the light.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Step 3.) Prep the wires and attach the lights
There are many ways you can do this, the easiest being using one of the blue channel connectors to prevent having to cut any wires.
Another way would be to use your typical crimp connectors.
The most secure way to do it would be to solder them which is what I did.
When connecting the wires, the red wire goes to the yellow wire and the black wire goes to the grey and blue wire. (be sure to double check what wires you use on the driver side as the door dome light has other wires that run into the harness, reference the light socket if there is any confusion. The driver side is easier because the wires run on their own.
Step 4.) turn out the lights and adjust it
This step is easy, adjust the light and tighten down.
I found this easiest to do with a pair of needle nose pliers and tightening the exposed lock ring into the door

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Step 5.) re-wrap the wires and re-install the door panel and enjoy your lights!
The picture does not show very well but it says Honda under the big H. They look a lot better in person!

If you have any questions feel free to let me know, I'm not very good at this tutorial thing!

For $15 lights I'm very happy with this, I had these on my jeep and they were AWESOME!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts