Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my 1000 mile "potential problems to tell the dealer" was the sharp edges on the steering wheel around the silver trim which houses the radio buttons, etc.. If you run your hand around by where this silver trim meets the air bag, you will see that the edges are quite sharp and cheaply finished. I thought the dealer would blow this complaint off as me being picky, but the service manager actually has been fixing this problem on Civics for years. He offered to do this for me, but I chose to do the alteration myself rather than wait around for a couple of hours. With a regular metal nailfile (this is the tool they use also), you need to bevel the plastic edges that sit up too high until they meet the rubber surface of the steering wheel. I put electrical tape around the rubber and plastic i didn't want to file down and after about 15 minutes of careful filing, the trim feels smooth and fits perfectly. The steering wheel rubber itself was also full of uneven lumps where the wheel was glued together and I used a small circular rat tail file to smooth this down (same tool Honda uses to fix this problem too).

·
Registered
218 Posts
I haven't noticed any sharp edges on my steering wheel but I'll take a look.

An issue I have with the wheel on my RTL/S are the seams in the leather surround. They're at 10 and 2 o'clock - right where I put my hands. Annoying!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts