Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RTL, Metallic Steel, Black Leather, Gray Wheels, Chrome Nerf Bars, Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my new Ridgeline RTL on Friday. Had the 1st gen. RTL for 14 years and lived without one for 2 years and finally got another one!
Immediately replaced the OE running boards and put on a Revolver X4s rolling hard tonneau cover.

So far, everything I could ask for and expected! IMG_0397.jpeg IMG_0394.jpeg IMG_0398.jpeg IMG_0403.jpeg IMG_0401.jpeg

·
Registered
220 Posts
I'm liking both those mods. I have the OEM running boards, but I must say a little bit of chrome doesn't look bad at all.

And love the tonneau cover--is it reasonably watertight?

·
Super Moderator
2021 Radiant Red RTL
6,348 Posts
Your RTL is looking good, @vpalmaesq. I agree ^^^ about the touch of chrome on the running boards. Thank you for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
2021 RTL, Metallic Steel, Black Leather, Gray Wheels, Chrome Nerf Bars, Bak Revolver X4s Tonneau
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm liking both those mods. I have the OEM running boards, but I must say a little bit of chrome doesn't look bad at all.

Thanks. Haven't had a chance to test the cover yet. Probably within the next few days....

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks. Haven't had a chance to test the cover yet. Probably within the next few days....
It rained like Noah’s days a few weeks ago, but no rain for the last week and none for the week coming up. Welcome to the Midwest...we’re either floating or frying.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It rained like Noah’s days a few weeks ago, but no rain for the last week and none for the week coming up. Welcome to the Midwest...we’re either floating or frying.
I know. Grew up in Chicago, and as you can see from the front license plate, proud Illini. We had the same thing here in New Jersey and now in a middle of a heatwave.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
147 Posts
I suspect no Tonneau cover on a Ridgeline is ever going to prevent water entering the Bed. I'm guessing there's a significant vacuum behind the Tailgate (obviously when the Vehicle is moving forward fast enough) that sucks air out of the Bed cavity via the Gaps between the Tailgate and the Bed. Assuming this Vacuum (negative pressure in the Bed cavity) is present, any air gaps between the Tonneau Cover and the Bed will allow water to enter the Bed. Good luck finding and plugging all the air gaps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I really like the chrome running boards--I just might steal your idea. I bought the same model and color as yours, and I've been thinking about new rims to provide contrast with the body color. Hadn't thought about using running boards to provide the contrast--thanks for sharing your mods!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Chrome boards look good. Can you share the manufacturer, model, & source info, please?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Congrats on the new ride. Chrome boards look good. Can you share the manufacturer, model, & source info, please?
Thanks. They are Steelcraft 4S Series Nerf Bars and got them on AutoAccessoriesGarage.com.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Yes. Went through a few days of rain last week and while it is not waterproof, the amount of water was minimal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I "borrowed" your mod, as I said I might. :cool: I think it looks great with the RTL's chrome trim and Modern Steel Metallic color. My wife approves, and she really liked the step up into the cab with the boards. Sorry about the shadows, but the sun was starting to go down.

These boards are the same model as OP's and took me less than hour to install.Thanks again OP for posting your mods!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Nice Truck!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts