Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing some testing for the good folks at NuShield http://www.nushield.com/products_car_displays_honda.htmhttp://www.nushield.com

They make non-adhesive screen protectors for other Honda nav products. I'm working with them to make sure they have the proper fit for the Ridgeline.

I've had a few navigation equipped vehicles and no major problems with damage to the screen, but it is hard to keep clean. I'm hoping that the NuShield product will help.

Don't order yet... give me a few days to work with them. Should be a nice product.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks Csimo,

I've been looking at these too and will wait to hear a first hand account of the products capabilities.

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Something like that would be good for both my Ody and the Ridgeline. I would love to have no more smudges on my screens.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Can anyone tell what to clean the nav screen with that won't harm it?

L

·
0 Posts
RidgeInRidge said:
Can anyone tell what to clean the nav screen with that won't harm it?
I use a dry, special cloth made to clean computer screens I got at a computer store. Works great!! I keep it in the "this is not an ashtray" tray.

·
Premium Member
7,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Guess I should get back with you on these shields. Not impressed.

The shield for the Odyssey is about the right width, and it will cover the entire nav screen if placed properly, but mine keeps sliding down. Nearly a half inch short at the top. One that is the proper height would be very difficult to install I believe.

Next, I found it nearly impossible to install without getting some fingerprints on the inside of the shield. Very distracting for me.

Finally, the shield made the display seem dim to me. Didn't care for it.

Maybe others will like it better... just not my cup of tea I don't think.

-Joe

·
Registered
138 Posts
Cleaning the navigation system display

I would recommend something called "iPolish" that is sold at computer stores. It's made for cleaning LCD computer screens and navigation touch screens. You can buy it in a spray bottle with a special cleaning cloth, or in individual use packets.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Or you could go to your local Wally World and buy a small bottle of their eyeglass cleaner. It comes with a microfiber cloth. I've been using it for two years on my TSX Navi with excellent results and no ill effects. Signed, Cheap Bama

·
Registered
460 Posts
BamaRidge said:
Or you could go to your local Wally World and buy a small bottle of their eyeglass cleaner. It comes with a microfiber cloth. I've been using it for two years on my TSX Navi with excellent results and no ill effects. Signed, Cheap Bama
smart bama :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Csimo,

Thanks for the review, that's just what needed to hear. I wanted to protection but was afraid it would effect the looks/performance of the touch screen. You've given me enough reasons to hold off for now.

Thanks to everyone for the cleaning suggestions.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I found a cheap cure for the car wash fear of them scratching the screen :)
It seemed no matter how many times I ask them not to wash the screen, thay still wiped it down with the rag they dry the whole vehicle with!
I found a clear plastic see thru 8x10 (3) hole punch paper binder in our office with a thin carboard backer for presentations or whatnot.
I cut the plastic to fit the screen, and the carboard edge to slip in at the top of the navi unit and the dash.
Now when sending thru the wash, takes 2 seconds to slip in and have a peace of mind:)
It dosent look real professional, but who cares what the car wash thinks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts