Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to the Shop Manual price for the 06' jumping to $120? I went to purchase one today and it skyrocketed. It used to be something like $50-60??

Little help? :act030:

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
What happened to the Shop Manual price for the 06' jumping to $120? I went to purchase one today and it skyrocketed. It used to be something like $50-60??

Little help? :act030:
Most pick up 'used' ones on ebay, etc. Much cheaper. Most are in like new condition.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most pick up 'used' ones on ebay, etc. Much cheaper. Most are in like new condition.
I have seen the used ones on there go for just as much as the ones from H&A (the old price). Just didn't need it until I decided to do my timing belt (which is going to be in the next few weeks).

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,176 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
For some reason (I guess because they figured they could) They raised the prices of all the new manuals coming out a couple years back. Then they marked down the older ones.

So even thought the newer manuals covered all the way back to the earlier years we kept stocking the older ones too since they were so much less expensive and covered the same stuff.

Unfortunately, recently they seem to have started dropping the earlier books from production. So when we can't get them any more we have to change the listing from a separate 2006 manual at the lower price to selling the more expensive 2006-2008 manual.

Our markup percent on the items online stays pretty much the same. The only time the prices go up or down is when we get a better deal on something or they raise our price on it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically that price will never go back to being the $50-60 price it was before?

·
Super Moderator
23,176 Posts
Not new, it doesn't sound like.

·
Registered
762 Posts
So basically that price will never go back to being the $50-60 price it was before?
If they bring back out the 2006 only manual again then it would, that was the one that was at the lower price. If I had known that they were running low I'd have stocked up on them so we could have offered them for a lot longer....

What is $120 is the same manual that we had before for $120 that was just listed for 2007-2008 on the site, but it always covered 2006-2008.

They have brought back reprints of manuals before, but those were for ones that covered years that weren't overlapped with other manuals.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Are you interested in a used one? I'll let this one go for $25. It has a small tear on the front cover, which I've taped. All other pages are clean and intact. I sold my Ridgeline in 07 and have had this is a box in my garage since then. If you are interested, PM me where to send it. When you receive the manual, mail me back a $25 Home Depot or Lowes gift card. I'll trust you. I'd prefer not to mess with PayPal.

JB

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,176 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you interested in a used one? I'll let this one go for $25. It has a small tear on the front cover, which I've taped. All other pages are clean and intact. I sold my Ridgeline in 07 and have had this is a box in my garage since then. If you are interested, PM me where to send it. When you receive the manual, mail me back a $25 Home Depot or Lowes gift card. I'll trust you. I'd prefer not to mess with PayPal.

JB
Done, PM sent.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Anyone tried the online option? Might be cheaper if you only need to look up one or two things (and if they haven't restricted printing!) I'd try it, but I don't (yet) have a need.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts