Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon - I am a previous owner of two G1's (08 RTL & 13 Sport). I currently own a 2.7 F150 SuperCrew, but I'm drawn to the 2021 changes. I test drove a 21 Sport last weekend and loved it. My only concern is car seats and how those with children are managing. We currently have one in a harness car seat, but will be out to a booster within a year or so. In videos I have seen, it does not look like the seat can go all the way back and allow feet space for a toddler in a seat. Looks like the front seats have to be forward some to accommodate.

I did not have my toddler with me at the time and did not try the car seat in the Ridge. It's covered in Cheerios and who knows what else. My 9 year old was with me and he fit great in the back and actually commented that it was more comfortable. He especially loved the rear air, which the F150 does not have.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thankfully, I'm out of car seats as we just moved my daughter to a booster seat a couple months ago. Sorry I can't answer your question as I don't have my Ridgeline yet (hopefully a couple more months). But I am anxious to hear others' answers. My wife doesn't think we'll be using the Ridgeline for our road trips due to the lack of back seat space for the kids (compared to her Pilot). I'm hoping once we get everything in, it's more space than we realize. Time will tell.

·
Registered
21 RL RTL-E Silver
95 Posts
If the RL makes you happy. Just move the front seat forward. The good thing is that is going to be temporary.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Good Afternoon - I am a previous owner of two G1's (08 RTL & 13 Sport). I currently own a 2.7 F150 SuperCrew, but I'm drawn to the 2021 changes. I test drove a 21 Sport last weekend and loved it. My only concern is car seats and how those with children are managing. We currently have one in a harness car seat, but will be out to a booster within a year or so. In videos I have seen, it does not look like the seat can go all the way back and allow feet space for a toddler in a seat. Looks like the front seats have to be forward some to accommodate.

I did not have my toddler with me at the time and did not try the car seat in the Ridge. It's covered in Cheerios and who knows what else. My 9 year old was with me and he fit great in the back and actually commented that it was more comfortable. He especially loved the rear air, which the F150 does not have.

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
I hauled my grandson around in a kid seat and now in a booster with no issues. Do you have a specific question?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have two car seats, both front facing, and my girls who are tall 6 and 7 year olds can both fit behind me with the drivers' seat all the way back. Can even squeeze my 5'8" 11yr old son in between the two car seats when needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts