Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to town tomorrow to strike a deal for a Ridge. I have been glued to the ROC forum for about a month. Just ask my wife. I have picked up a lot of good tips and would like to thank everyone on this site. Hopefully the homework will pay off. I have been emailing several dealers and have been narrowing it down. I will definitely be purchasing under invoice, but not sure how much under. I'm going with very few if any accessories, since I can purchase them on the Internet and install them myself and save $. With luck I will have an RTL w/moonroof, XM, and Navi in my driveway tomorrow night. :cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
There ya go! Good luck, and we'll be waiting for pictures.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
I also researched extensively and wore my keyboard out on this forum and became a much better negotiator as a result.

How exciting for you! We wanted NAV and had to wait for one to come into the state. I actually made calls to two nearby out of state dealers and no NAVs on the lots.

You are going to love your new baby. We're waiting for all the details of your deal and your new truck.

L

·
0 Posts
Good luck. You have many new buddies pullin' for ya!!
We'll be here when you get back. Send pictures. We LOVE pictures.

Hey Notachevy!! Congrats SENIOR Member!!

:D

·
Registered
205 Posts
ladyridge said:
(snip)
Hey Notachevy!! Congrats SENIOR Member!!

:D
Thank you. Unfortunately I also recall an old CB radio term that essentially denotes the same status..."bucket mouth"...hahaha

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
SnowRidge said:
I'm headed to town tomorrow to strike a deal for a Ridge. With luck I will have an RTL w/moonroof, XM, and Navi in my driveway tomorrow night. :cool:
Good Luck! How did you sleep?

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Good luck on your shopping, hopefully you can get a good deal on the exact version and color you want (you want red right? :)). Bring a camera with you and take pictures of the one you pick, take pictures throughout your buying activity, then you can share your scrapbook with us.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hey Snow....good luck. What color are you looking for?

Where in AZ are you from? I bought mine in Tempe back in late April.

Keep in touch so when we have our next AZ meet....

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I did make a purchase yesterday. I got in at midnight last night, 3 1/2 hour drive to Phoenix. Off to work now but will respond with details this evening. I am picking it up on Saturday. One more trip. :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I purchased a White RTL with Olive interior, XM/Moonroof. My wife talked me out of the Navi. I guess I couldn't really justify the extra cost, although I would have liked to have had it for the novelty. I paid $725.00 under invoice. I gave some of it back to the dealer though in accessories, which I wasn't going to do originally. I noticed the wind noice in the windshield and the Service Tech acknowledged the TSB and said they would reseal it. Since I had to leave it for this to happen, I decided to let the dealer install some accessories for me. I am having fog lights, roof rack, front window tint, and pin stripe installed for $1065.00, which I know is not the best price, but I can live with that. They also threw in the automate plan for this price. The trip is 3 1/2 hours drive each way to Phoenix. We are going back on Saturday to pick up the Ridge. I haven't slept much the last couple of days. Too much excitement!!! Once I get it I will take some pictures and post them.

I had been in contact with five different dealers on the WEB and telephone, so when I got to the Metro area, I knew just where I wanted to go. The dealer with the lowest price did not have the color I wanted, so I was able to get the dealer I purchased from to match the price. We test drove both models, with Navi and without. I also managed to fit my wife's doctor appointment in between test drives.

P.S. I chose the name SnowRidge because I knew I wanted a white RL and I live in the mountains of Arizona where it snows. It will camouflage nicely in a bizzard. :cool:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just don't get stuck in a snow bank, (very unlikely with your new TRUCK), they won't be able to find you....

On the other hand, if you had RED......

: )

BTW, I've seen a couple of REALLY nice Blue RL's around KC lately. Who owns them? Come on, you know who you are..........

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Hi SnowRidge,

By the size of the “Arizona Record Setting Ridgeline Roundup” looks like you’ve got plenty of fellow ROC members to meet! Best wishes to your better half too, hope all is well with her and welcome to the greatest Ridgeline forum on the net. I’d like to see some white Ridge in the snow photos soon. :D

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Good on ya, though I'm sorry to hear your wife talked you out of the NAV. I insisted on it and a whole list of accessories. I had to twist my hubby's arm off -- NOT!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I may also be going out tomorrow for a Ridgeline as well. There is now a $1,000 manufacturer to dealer incentive that is in the picture until December according to Edmunds.com.

Today I received a quote for a RTL (no moonroof of navi.) for $27,883 in writing via email from a local dealer. Considering the invoice, dealer holdback and the new incentive, it is about $850 over their total cost.

David

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
go4bal, go for it! Keep us posted!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I forgot to ask if anyone thought that the $27,883 for a standard RTL was a good deal. I was also thinking about waiting until the last day of the month to see if they come down any more on the price.

David

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Congrats Snowridge and enjoy the mountains in your RL!

·
Registered
333 Posts
SnowRidge said:
P.S. I chose the name SnowRidge because I knew I wanted a white RL and I live in the mountains of Arizona where it snows. It will camouflage nicely in a bizzard. :cool:
Congrats! ...good price and an excellent choice on color; you have just joined the minority group of RL owners, (white is about 7% the last I checked).

Can't wait to see my WHITE RT in a snowstorm... at least I will be able to find the doors, my handles are black!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts