Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am proud owner of 2 G1 RL. I currently own a 2014 SE model and love it just as I loved my RTL nav 2008 RL. I am looking the the Black Edition at 2 different dealers and their VINs are below the 5000 number. How concerned should I be or should I turn and RUN?

Thanks
Bryan

·
Registered
132 Posts
I wouldn't. The first trucks off the line are going to be under the most scrutiny by the quality inspectors to make sure everything is being done correctly.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I wouldn't. The first trucks off the line are going to be under the most scrutiny by the quality inspectors to make sure everything is being done correctly.
While that may be true, it is also true that historically most new vehicles have more issues in early VIN numbers. It would be covered by warranty, of course, but there is the issue of the hassle and (possibly) safety.

My take is that it is a crapshoot to some degree, albeit not a huge issue. Plus there is no way to know when an issue may show up, waiting improves your odds a bit but is no guarantee of anything.

I am currently looking to see if there is a dealer that can come up with what I want from currently scheduled production. Hopefully they can as most of those VINs should be between 5 and 10K...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts