Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nightshade & kymann -

Had either of you bothered to read the Priced Paid forum prior to posting in this thread?
I assume the answer is no, or else you wouldn't be so surprised at the discounts people have been getting on 2019 Ridgelines.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts
If you can find a leftover brand new 2019 RL, you may get steep discounts. But it isn't going to be anything other than a Sport or an RTL. On autotrader, there are over 600 new 2019's showing. There are FIVE AWD RTL-T's, RTL-E's, or BE's in the continental US with three in Hawaii. Having arguments over what people are paying for these is basically useless at this point. And yes, there were several reports of people paying in the $34-35k range for RTL-E's at one point when the huge discounts were at their highest point. Most reported $35-37k purchase prices, but the odd "crazy good" deal did happen.

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
148 Posts
Several does not equal obtainable out of tens of thousands. Can't quote an impossible to realize figure for the average buyer as something anyone can get with some hard work, it's bull. And the vast majority posted in the 38's. I know, I was in this forum all that summer June and July scouting. The average was nowhere near 35-37 summer 2019, that's a joke. Were they in these last few months? Maybe I don't know or care. That's not what most of these posts are even complaining about lol. It's one forum member bashing a few others that bought used as though they are idiotic. His logic flows from comparing the killer year end deals now to something purchased almost a year ago.... It's crazy lol and asinine. Hence the "I believe!"

New v used, I don't care. Facts are posted. Do the math for the time you are buying and what you are considering and make the best deal you can. End of story. But new will never equal better than used as a flat out rule in all cases as one is trying to promote. Many more variables are in play than that. End of story.

·
Registered
196 Posts
If you can find a leftover brand new 2019 RL, you may get steep discounts. But it isn't going to be anything other than a Sport or an RTL
And yes, there were several reports of people paying in the $34-35k range for RTL-E's at one point when the huge discounts were at their highest point.
The OP never specified what particular model he was interested in.
It would be a wise strategy for him to buy a brand new 2019 RTL at these steep discounts versus a used model.

I'm not sure why some got fixated on only discussing the RTL-E.

·
Registered
196 Posts
But new will never equal better than used as a flat rule in all situations as one is trying to promote. That's literally the only disagreement, on that point. End of story.
Can you quote any of my posts where I said new was better than used "as a flat rule in all situations"?
I already know your answer...You won't. Because you can't. Because I never said such a thing.

All of my posts were to simply push back on the narrative you continue to push...
"Think about it... In general, buying new is dumb and you lose a stupid amount in immediate depreciation.
For the vast majority of manufacturers, buying new loses a person money, and a lot of it.
In general, buying new loses money compared to buying a good well maintained used vehicle.
In general you will almost always save money on a well maintained 1-2 year old used vehicle.
It is almost never true that buying a new vehicle "saves" you money."

You even promoted a Youtube video that showed graphs of fake depreciation curves to try and prove this point.

·
Registered
2007 Nimbus Grey Metallic RTL
10,024 Posts
The OP never specified what particular model he was interested in.
It would be a wise strategy for him to buy a brand new 2019 RTL at these steep discounts versus a used model.

I'm not sure why some got fixated on only discussing the RTL-E.
Speaking of the OP, he hasn't commented since Page 1. Hoping he chimes in on all of this soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I am here, Sorry being pulled in different directions. I have read most of this thread to catch up. Some interesting stuff for sure. At this point I will be looking for a low milage used truck. I just found out that my old Ridgeline is a total loss. Over $22K on the estimate. Unfortunately I will have to wait a few weeks as I am in the middle of a refinance on my home and can't open up any credit until after it closes. Someone mentioned getting a Accord for work and a truck for me. I am not in the position to do that and I am really not a sedan guy. Way to low to the ground for me LOL!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nightshade & kymann -

Had either of you bothered to read the Priced Paid forum prior to posting in this thread?
I assume the answer is no, or else you wouldn't be so surprised at the discounts people have been getting on 2019 Ridgelines.
I am here, Sorry being pulled in different directions. I have read most of this thread to catch up. Some interesting stuff for sure. At this point I will be looking for a low milage used truck. I just found out that my old Ridgeline is a total loss. Over $22K on the estimate. Unfortunately I will have to wait a few weeks as I am in the middle of a refinance on my home and can't open up any credit until after it closes. Someone mentioned getting a Accord for work and a truck for me. I am not in the position to do that and I am really not a sedan guy. Way to low to the ground for me LOL!
I don’t believe you will go wrong with a good low mileage used. Some on this thread will question your genetic upbringing for thinking that way. Good luck and enjoy the search...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Saw a silver 2018-E with 20k miles for $30994. also a white 2019-E with 19k miles for $32000. But then I remind myself that the sky is falling and I should be content with my low mile G1.

Reactions: Nightshade869

·
Registered
2017 White RTL-E
148 Posts
Let us know what you get! Regardless, excited for you! Take your time, there will always be more Ridgelines. It's crazy how much stuff keeps changing day to day. Stay safe out there!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I’ve always liked this guys channel. Good videos on the auto industry and car buying. Here’s his latest take on the auto industry and what’s to come.
I just found hime the other day and have watched several of his videos, including this on. I learned a few things that'll be very help fun going forward.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts