Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,359 Posts
Did mine at 123K, along with radiator, hoses thermostat & serpentine belt. As mentioned before, the parts looked almost new. I believe 105K is very conservative if the vehicle isn't abused.

YouTube videos are very helpful.

Best kit I found (other than direct from Honda) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008EEYTRE/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Get the Lisle 19mm socket https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RGNCV1U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Crankshaft holding tool Amazon.com: BETOOLL 50mm Crankshaft Crank Pulley Wrench Holder Tool Removal Holding Spanner kit for Honda and Acura Engines: Automotive

Have a GOOD impact wrench. My old 1/2" Craftsman wouldn't budge the crank bolt. Borrowed a newer MAC Tools 1/2" impact and it was off in seconds.

Don't rush the job and think everything through.
Did you do the valve adjustment too? That should be done when you do the TB/WP service.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a 2012 Honda Ridgeline and it has 64000 miles on it. It has never towed anything. It has been in storage for 6 months and when I started it up and ran it for awhile the check emission systems light came on. I took it to the Honda dealer to check it out and was told the charcoal cannister valve needed replacement for the tune of $400.00. I was also told that due to the age of the vehicle, I should have the timing belt system changed for the tune of $1100. Is it too soon to have the timing belt system changed? Thank you
Every 100,000 miles

·
Registered
2020 Ridgeline RTL-E
7 Posts
+1 on 100k or 10 yrs whichever is first. 10yrs because it’s a (synthetic?) rubber part which can degrade/crack/weaken over long period of time.
Dealer recommendation Is a bit premature for 2012 w/ only 64k. I think it’s been discussed here that maintenance minder will alert when this needs to be changed per Honda guidelines for your vehicle.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts