Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

My car was totaled by a flood. I've test driven the Ridgeline RTL-E and love it.

My question is that since I have a motorcycle to use as transportation, I'm not in a hurry to buy and I'm wondering if it would be best to wait until July to purchase the truck. Historically has Honda offered cash incentives in July for the Ridgeline? There seems to be quite a few out there in the lots and with the new model year approaching I would think they would be offering incentives soon, no?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
14,930 Posts
Welcome to the Ridgeline Owners Club, @Dr Twisty!

Honda typically offers fewer cash incentives than just about any other manufacturer.

There are currently about 4,300 new Ridgelines in dealer inventory. Normally, there are around 6,000 to 9,000. Sales are down across the industry due to COVID-19 and the resulting recession, but so is inventory which means we're unlikely to see any significant cash incentives. In previous months, Honda offered some rare cash incentives on the Ridgeline and, more recently, a loyalty incentive which expired earlier this months and was no renewed.

The going price for a Ridgeline RTL-E is currently about $38,500 + TT&L and I wouldn't expect that to go any lower.

A 2021 Ridgeline is likely to go on sale within the next six months, but few to no changes are expected.

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Honda has turned the Ridgeline into a one trick pony - the only trim level you can find on the lots are the RTL-E (a few scattered RTL and Sport). I imagine the shut-down had something to do with that, but they are clearly interested in maximizing profits on their "truck."

How many other vehicles have you seen with no "options" available (wheels, engine, transmission, etc) and in only one trim level?

I am not bashing the Ridgeline, because I like it, but other manufacturers at least give a buyer choices within the model.

As far as answering your question - no one can predict the future and no one knows what is going to happen at Honda in the fall. I would probably wait until inventory levels increase a bit.

·
Premium Member
3,879 Posts
Honda has turned the Ridgeline into a one trick pony - the only trim level you can find on the lots are the RTL-E (a few scattered RTL and Sport). I imagine the shut-down had something to do with that, but they are clearly interested in maximizing profits on their "truck."

How many other vehicles have you seen with no "options" available (wheels, engine, transmission, etc) and in only one trim level?

I am not bashing the Ridgeline, because I like it, but other manufacturers at least give a buyer choices within the model.

As far as answering your question - no one can predict the future and no one knows what is going to happen at Honda in the fall. I would probably wait until inventory levels increase a bit.
I'm still trying to figure out why they had so many RTLs and Sports at the end of 2019. I wanted an E, was ready to buy an E, but there were almost none available, and the few that were out there were going for MSRP (the dealers figured out they were in short supply), while they were giving away the lower trims. Hence, I ended up with an RTL and Honda lost some profit from me (and others, judging by posts on this forum).

Somebody at Honda must have figured this out, and now we are flooded with E trims. It hasn't balanced out yet.

They are going to lose a lot more profit in the next decade if they don't get their QA/QC figured out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts