Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a similar sub-forum on the G2.

Your opinions please.

Please stay ON TOPIC. I'll ask all Moderators to DELETE anny postings not on topic. You asked for this and I stuck my neck out to make it happen.

-Joe

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
My 2 cents: I think that the two parallel sub-forums (G1 & G2) should be structured at least similarly or exactly the same (preferred). If that is the case, and if there is a decent "map" of the forum outline, then it makes "some" sense to isolate the two, while retaining some ease of access / user-friendliness.

Having said that, it is inevitable that some lessons learned from G1 technical issues will benefit the generic knowledge base of those G2 owners as well (& vice versa). So in the case of technical subjects (DIY, repairs, etc.) I would vote to have a single subforum for these topics; especially if they can be "flagged" for sorting by G1 & G2 (if that's possible with this software). Alternately, I would recommend that a "same" single subforum for these technical topics reside under both the G1 & G2 "legs". This would make it easy to locate, while retaining a single, common place for these posts, reflected in two places on the forum structure (both locations an image of the one single subforum).

'Hope that wasn't too confusing.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,263 Posts
Yes, I believe if we could have maybe 5 - 10 identical threads in Gen 1 and Gen 2 forums, it would allow for things to be easier to be found and possibly eliminate Duplicate Thread Postings. And although I believe that some of the Gen 2 members could benefit from items which are similar to items in the Gen 1 forums, it's the responsibility of the Gen 2 members to search using the search tools on the forum and moderators to assist new members in finding items which they are looking for.

Carsmak

·
Premium Member
7,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This forum probably contains a lot of G2 posts, but has been relocated to the First Generation Ridgeline forum section. A similar sub-forum now exists in the Second Generation Ridgeline forum section.

-Joe

·
Super Moderator
2006 Ridgeline RTS in Steel Blue
7,263 Posts
Works for me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts