Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
We haul a Palimino Pony small popup with 2 or 3 bikes and 2 or 3 kayaks. The number varies depending upon whether our son comes or not.

But we have hopes that in 2 years to upgrade to a ultralite style camper. There are a few that we like with the Fun Finder X at the top of the current list.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Where did you get an extender for $39? Or is that a typo?

Thanks for the RedSox wishes! These late night games reap havoc with work the next day. But for the win, it's worth it!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nice looking setup! Where'd you find the back rack? I couldn't find any compatible with the Ridge in Spring of 2007 when I was looking. How big and heavy is your trailer? It looks like a large version of my friends Shasta.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I thought I already posted this, but I can't find my post. So here it is again.

I hauled in 2008 so far our boy scout trailer around 1500 miles. Towing it out to Niagara Falls for a 950 mile round trip I averaged around 11 mpg. I've been told it weighs around 3800 lbs. It tows easily with the my 2007 Ridge.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Welcome aboard!

You're a bit north of us here in MA. We've had some sleet and ice in the hills. But no snow yet. But I'm looking forward to it myself. It'll be a change from all the darn rain we've had this year so far. We're over 20 inches above normal and I'm sick of it!

But it is New England!

·
Registered
290 Posts
PG Rider, I'd be in heaven if I had a garage with that much over head or side to side clearance! I have about an inch above the roof and on each side view mirror to get into my short garage in winter. In summer with the Thule kayak racks, it stays in the driveway with a big yellow warning reminding me that the racks are on the roof and don't drive into the garage with them on!

·
Registered
290 Posts
You guys should be up here in New England where we have some REAL snow! I have 40+ inches of it on my yard! The Ridgeline has been awesome going thru it though. And with street tires. My friend with a Jeep Rubicon had to put studded snowtires on to help his traction. I can't figure out why?

·
Registered
290 Posts
27 bags of mulch at 3 cubic feet per bag I think. Wet they weighed more than the 40 lbs listed bag weight. My guess is around 1600+ lbs of mulch.

The Ridge hauled it with ease. You knew it was back there, but no problems and most of all - a very happy wife! :act006:

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's great to see all the cool stuff that everyone is towing. I've towed our camper numerous times. But more often I'm towing our Boy Scout Troop trailer or cargo trailer plus the precious cargo of 4 boy scouts plus all their stuff in the bed, sometimes piled high (I can't see thru the trailer anyways). My 07 Ridge performs fine and returns decent fuel economy especially when compared to other troop vehicles that get a few mpg less. My Ridge is approaching 6 years old and 105K miles and I hope to keep it going strong as it's the only vehicle I've ever owned where I didn't tire of it after 5 years or so.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I moved one of my extended family members into the Gorge Washington University dorms today--she starts her sophomore year--and man did she have a lot of stuff. I filled up the In-Bed Trunk, put a lot of bags in the back seat, and filled the bed with one-to-two layers of boxes and furniture pieces. The way my RL handled, I would say I had a good 600 lbs of dorm room goodies that I hauled into DC. It doesn't help that it was 94 degrees with very high humidity; a good sweaty workout to say the least.
View attachment 395706
I did that quite a few times bringing my son to college in the Rochester, NY area and then back home to Western MA. With both the G1 and G2 Ridgelines. Even though I told him to protect everything with bags, he didn't and we of course went thru a heavy rainstorm. But everything was dry by the time we got home 5 hours later. The ridge was brand new then.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I use Thule Hullavators with my G2 and Camper out back. Have had them for years and people still gawk and are amazed at how quickly the kayaks go on and off. They're fantastic and worth the price. Big back savers too! Rats, they're not in this picture. This one has just J brackets up a week after I got the G2 and before I had xbars for the Hulavators.

not

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wb1dby, how does the hullavator affect your mpg? I had thought about the hullavator, but I had a few concerns.
1) MPG
2) Don’t know if I like the look of it for hte majority of the time when I am not using 3.
3) Cost because I don’t have factory cross bars so I have to purchase towers, cross bars and then the hullavator. With the van techs I only have to buy the rack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Surprisingly, it affects my mpg very little.I watched it this summer and barely affected my mpg with no boats up there. Plus you can take the cradle part off in minutes. I got my truck with side rails and just use a Thule square cross bar. That too can come off pretty quickly and with just the cross bars, a little more wind noise and very little fuel economy change. With my older truck, the G1 Ridge, I had much longer cross bars and had the Hullavators on the ends and 2 J brackets in between for carrying 4 kayaks around when my son and one of his friends would camp and kayak with us. Now just my wife and I. My cross bars were pretty cheap.

The big thing is it's so easy to load and unload the kayaks. No pulled backs or arms stretching to get them up and strapped down. It's easy peasy with the Hullavators.

I originally bought Honda cross bars but the Hullavator does not fit on them. I need to sell them as they just sit in a corner collecting dust.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Moved my extended family member's stuff out of the dorms again--who knows when they will be allowed back. Note how her stuff as grown by comparing how much more the bed is filled out. By the time she is a senior, I will need to bring a utility trailer to load all her stuff.
View attachment 404736 View attachment 404737
College kids certainly gathera a lot of "stuff". My son when he started barely had anything and when he graduated the whole back of the truck was stuffed and things strapped down plus inside in the back seat. We gave him my wife's Subaru Impreza 5 door as a graduation present but he still had an internship to do and most of his crap stayed home as the little Subie couldn't handle it all. Oh, my wife now drives a Honda HRV and loves it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts