Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1201 - 1220 of 1259 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
In case anybody was wondering what a couple of 2x6x12's would look like hanging out the back of the RL. A ratchet strap to hold down the front of the boards, a red rag to hang off the end and you're good to go!
Try opening the rear hatch window.
Put one blanket on the hatch window sill and another on the dashboard to protect the dash and windshield.
:act035:

·
Registered
122 Posts
In case anybody was wondering what a couple of 2x6x12's would look like hanging out the back of the RL. A ratchet strap to hold down the front of the boards, a red rag to hang off the end and you're good to go!
I recently went the opposite route with my 12' 4x6 and some 8' and 10' 4x4's. I wedged one end into the junction of the gate and the bed, and laid the other ends onto the roof (on a piece of cardboard). Then tied the whole thing together with straps so they couldn't move side to side. .

·
Registered
781 Posts
I recently went the opposite route with my 12' 4x6 and some 8' and 10' 4x4's. I wedged one end into the junction of the gate and the bed, and laid the other ends onto the roof (on a piece of cardboard). Then tied the whole thing together with straps so they couldn't move side to side. .

Whatever gets you home without any mishaps!:act035:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone hauling a pop up tent trailer with a toy hauler platform on the front, i.e. Fleetwood Evolution E-3? Wondering about the tongue weight etc … Thinking of buying a similar set up. Now towing 13" atv trailer with 800 lb atv with no problem.

Someone may have posted something about this already but so many posts I can't read them all.

·
Super Moderator
22,679 Posts
Overloaded. But I guess you knew that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Overloaded based on the recommended guidelines set by Honda, lol! Delivered to a relative, an hour away. It still drove and rode great. This little truck is starting to really impress me. Ford, Chevy/GMC or Dodge were the only things i would be caught driving in for the last 22yrs.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Overloaded based on the recommended guidelines set by Honda, lol! Delivered to a relative, an hour away. It still drove and rode great. This little truck is starting to really impress me. Ford, Chevy/GMC or Dodge were the only things i would be caught driving in for the last 22yrs.
I just don't get it. so many say honda's specs are conservative. ok. true enough but how much margin is in those specs? rough payload of this truck is 1520. 1760# of rock + 4 passengers 150# ea.= 2360# that is 155% of recommended max. the rear axle has a max of 3245# lets assume that the weight distribution of the vehicle is 50/50. 2360+RL 4500=6860/2=3430# on each axle exceeding the limits of both ends. the bed has a max capacity of 1100#. the 1760# is 160% of that. Base price for RL $29,575.00. That is a lot of money to risk tearing it up by over loading it. Not to mention the risk of getting sued when you have a major failure and injure someone.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Anyone hauling a pop up tent trailer with a toy hauler platform on the front, i.e. Fleetwood Evolution E-3? Wondering about the tongue weight etc … Thinking of buying a similar set up. Now towing 13" atv trailer with 800 lb atv with no problem.

Someone may have posted something about this already but so many posts I can't read them all.
I have wondered what the tongue weight is on one of those with an atv on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am always amazed at the crap that ends up in my ridge. I have moved or hauled....

• Matress/Boxsprings
  • Cabinet Tablesaw/chopsaw
  • Bedroom Set
  • Bikes
  • Entire contents of Brothers apartment
  • 30 4x8 sheets of plywood
  • 2x8s and 4x8s
  • Firewood
  • Snowblower and mower
  • China cabinet
  • Maple syrup buckets and taps, tools
  • and my Arctic Cat 500i
The ATV was a tight fit and a bit nerve wracking to get up in there but DAMN was it fun! :act035:

Later guys

-M

1201 - 1220 of 1259 Posts