Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1261 - 1272 of 1272 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Moved my extended family member's stuff out of the dorms again--who knows when they will be allowed back. Note how her stuff as grown by comparing how much more the bed is filled out. By the time she is a senior, I will need to bring a utility trailer to load all her stuff.
View attachment 404736 View attachment 404737
College kids certainly gathera a lot of "stuff". My son when he started barely had anything and when he graduated the whole back of the truck was stuffed and things strapped down plus inside in the back seat. We gave him my wife's Subaru Impreza 5 door as a graduation present but he still had an internship to do and most of his crap stayed home as the little Subie couldn't handle it all. Oh, my wife now drives a Honda HRV and loves it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Took ~110 mile round trip to help my mother-in-law with several things and pick up some firewood.

Wood was recently-fallen red oak limbs, an old pallet, and a bit of the one-year-seasoned oak from the pile in the background.

My BetterWeigh said the trailer was just under 4000lbs; next time I'll fill it up. Trans temp didn't get above 180 despite an accident on the highway that had me crawling along for 30 minutes, mileage down and back was 19 according to the dash. Towed beautifully, surprisingly quieter than the single torsion axle trailers I usually tow in terms of rattling and clunking.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,516 Posts
Yesterday, I hauled what I think is my heavies load on the frame of my Gen1, a little over 2,000 lbs of payload. I picked up 40 bags of Vigoro Premium Black Wood Mulch--about 35-45 lbs per bag and they were wet--plus about 450 lbs of people and gear. I only had to drive 13 miles through a mix of city traffic, windy country roads, and short freeways, but that was no big deal for the Ridgeline. Because I distributed the weight--putting 16 bags in the second row--I still had some rear suspension travel so its ride was smooth and did not pitch and roll all that much; although I think we hit the bump stops once or twice on some of the rougher roads. However, when it came to accelerating into traffic on the freeways, that 250 hp and 247 lb-ft from the J35Z5 engine and revised PSFA transmission was disappointing. It did accelerate better than it does pulling a +5,000 lbs trailer, of course, but not by much. Looking at it side-on (image below), despite the load on the frame, having it distributed helped keep it all level and controllable.

In summery, I am impressed with this revolutionary 1st generation mid-side truck for it did better than it was advertised to do--rated for 1,475 lb of payload--which is what I have noticed in my 14 years of ownership. If you follow me on the ROC, you know I use my 2009 RTL for everything and I make it work hard.
Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Automotive side marker light

·
Premium Member
2009 Ridgeline RTL (with nav) in Bali Blue Pearl
2,516 Posts
It is ridiculous how shiny your truck is after all these years. Jealous of the 06'-08' tail lights.
Thanks. It was more the lighting on the good side of the truck than anything else. It had pollen stuck to it, the passenger side has a small "door ding," and I am starting to have some interior and electrical issues that I need to address (she is getting old).. The original paint is holding up after almost 14 years because I keep it parked under a carport at home and in a parking garage at work, so the Sun does not get much time to bake the paint.

One of the original taillights got cracked, so it gave me an opportunity to replace them. The ROC recommended the amber turn signal ones from the 06-08 taillights over the aftermarket ones. After doing some research, I think this forum was right, so I got a cheep knockoff set from China and they have held up well.

Good attention to detail "smufguy."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let's have this thread be for what we are hauling with our Ridgelines. The poster who put an unbelievable amount of drywall and other items in their Ridgeline inspired me to start this thread.

Pictures are of course welcomed and encouraged. :D

I haven't hauled anything major in the bed or trunk. Just put a cooler full of Gatorade to take to the range for the SWAT team. Then took the cooler out of the trunk and stuffed it full of medical equipment and entry vests while we went to dinner. I know there are folks out there with better stories than that.

So let's hear about it!
Just responding to your post. Won’t set the world on fire but easily pulled a 3500 lb UHAUL 6x12 from Jacksonville to Naples getting 19.7 mpg at 60 mph. Pleasant drive and way cheaper than my 2013 F150 3.5 Ecoboost that I traded for the ‘22 Ridgy.

1261 - 1272 of 1272 Posts