Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Show/Tell us what you are haulin'

523K views 1K replies 517 participants last post by  RedRyder 
#1 ·
Let's have this thread be for what we are hauling with our Ridgelines. The poster who put an unbelievable amount of drywall and other items in their Ridgeline inspired me to start this thread.

Pictures are of course welcomed and encouraged. :D

I haven't hauled anything major in the bed or trunk. Just put a cooler full of Gatorade to take to the range for the SWAT team. Then took the cooler out of the trunk and stuffed it full of medical equipment and entry vests while we went to dinner. I know there are folks out there with better stories than that.

So let's hear about it!

#2 ·
It's only our second day with our Ridge and we used it as a truck today.

We flipped the seats up and the tow package in the box fit handily. We were on the way to the home repair store or we would have carried that in the open bed. We didn't buy much, but two eight foot long pieces of wood fit in the back and through the back window and a quarter piece of plywood in the back.

It wasn't much, but it was nice to have options of how to haul it.

We also got accosted ;) in the parking lot by someone who loved seeing a Ridge in person.

Reactions: teelee7
#3 ·
The only items I've done is two 10' ladders and ten 2x4s in one shot. I left the tail gate closed and lashed them down. Drove 30 miles on the freeway with them and then backed up a really steep dirt road. My friend was nervous going up the hill, thought I should engage the VTM lock but I said nah, don't worry. Made it up no problem at all and the load was just fine the whole trip.

#4 ·
I took down two 40' maple trees, cut them up, and loaded them into the Ridgeline to take to the brush pile. It all fit in one trip with the gate up. Unfortunately, no pix. It looked like my Ridgeline had a hairball in the back.

#5 ·
My heaviest load was a little over 600 lbs going to the dump. I couldn't even tell there was anything in the bed.

My prettiest load was 5 Japanese Lace Leaf Maples in pots (each weighed about 100 lbs).

#7 ·
#10 · (Edited)
On a family mission to San Antonio, hauled a full-size dryer, door, roofing tiles, power tools, full complement rolling tool box, ice chest, 2 Westies, and clothing for a 3 day stay. Not only did we haul, but we hauled it! It rode even better with all of the stuff in it. Rock steady.

#12 · (Edited)
UTV,

I got my ridgeline so I would not have to do what you did. At home depot and Orchard supply , they can load a pallet into your truck and the ridgeline bed is just right for a standard 40x48 pallet.

I was tired of loadiong stuff into a cart and then into the minvan. My time was worth more than the stuff I was loading. Be sure that you put a piece plywood on the bed so they can slide the pallet. Otherwise you will get white scratches which I already have from loading washer, dryer, pallet and stuff.

I haul all of my tool in the bed trunk.

#13 ·
Sounds like good info. I think I'll cut a piece of plywood and have it ready for those times when the floor of the bed needs protection. I wonder how many bags fit on a pallet though.

Home Depot only had the 2 cubic foot bags and the nursery that I bought from had the 3 cubic foot ones. They were in large piles wrapped in plastic and loaded by one of their workers so after a couple of minutes I was on my way.

Unloading was a snap. I dropped the tailgate to get the first batch and then closed and opened it sideways to reach the rest. The height of the bed actually makes getting stuff out real easy. (And an 18 year old son!)

#14 ·
If you get a pallet load, some places give you a discount for volume. Also it is wraped so nothing will fall out on the road and you do not have to wash the bed afterwards. I used to load sod into my minivan, that was no fun! that's when I decided to get a truck.

BTW, does your 18 year old son ask you if he can drive the truck everyday? Even to the prom?

#16 ·
Today I helped my Brother-In Law tear out 90' of fence. Here's what 50' looks like in the bed of the RL. We cut the sections in 1/2 so they would stack and fit nicely. A couple of tie downs and off we went.

Attachments

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist
#21 ·
Nice bike!! I used to have a Bultaco Sherpa T 250.

#23 ·
gormleyflyer2002 said:
Do you still ride..??
No, I sold the bike and kept the kids :(

#26 ·
I wish you had a side shot. It sure looks like there was no body sag with that load onboard.