Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, let's hear about what you are towing.

Pictures are encouraged, of course.

I haven't done any towing yet (no hitch) but I know some of you have. So post up and tell/show us about it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Zero: I took some pictures this afternoon of my Ridgeline towing my Gator Trax boat and my trailer with my Honda Froman 4X4 ES. They didn't come out very well. I was using my wife's camera and didn't know what I was doing. I'll try again tomorrow.

Tiger

·
Registered
153 Posts
Zero:

If I can figure out how to add pictures then you will see my Gator-Trax boat behind my Red Redgeline. The trailer with the Honda 4X4 is what I tow around as we inspect fields of cotton.

It appears that my files are too large. I'll work on that.

Tiger

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
We just installed our tow package tonight. It will probably still be a couple of weeks until we get our tent trailer out and ready it for a camping trip, so photos are going to have to wait.

Ours is a large tent trailer. We did OK with our Trooper, but we expect this to tow it much more easily. I can't wait!

We've had too many weeks of rain to get serious about camping until the ground dries up a bit. Great news after six years of drought, but not so good for spring fever.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
We're preparing for our first camping trip with our Ridgeline. We've only taken it out to check the tires, see how level it was and set the EA brakes. We went a few miles, but just around town through backroads. So far, so good.

It looks great. We didn't realize until we hitched it up that the color stripes on the Rockwood match our SBM paint very well. The trailer had been under a tarp all winter, so we hadn't seen it since last fall.

The Ridgeline stays level. It used to bog the Trooper down in the rear. Hubby can see over the top of it a bit, which he couldn't do in the Trooper. He also says it pulls like a dream. I'll have a better report in a couple of weeks when we get back from our trip.

I did my usual guiding in while hubby backed up, but he was thrilled when the tongue came into view of the backup camera. It helped him glide right into place.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
Here's a picture of our tent trailer set up at Challis Hot Springs in Idaho. It's a large trailer with a 12 foot box. It weighs about 3500 pounds with all the gear we haul around in it to make camping cushy.

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not as much fun as the camper, but full of about 3,000 pounds of jewelry. 20mpg+ on the road ... 10mpg with the v-nose beast attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have posted it before, but what the heck, I never get tired of looking at this set up:D
Total package is approx 2000 lbs, trailer has no brakes. RL tows it beautifully. pulling, handling and stopping is way better then 4.3L Chevy I had.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Re: Show us what you tow with your Ridgeline!

Anyone tow a horse trailer w/two horses in it?

Had a co-worker ask.

Needs to replace her explorer.

L

·
0 Posts

UglyDuck said:
Anyone tow a horse trailer w/two horses in it?

Had a co-worker ask.

Needs to replace her explorer.
I think Hez does. :)

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
bump to the top again.

·
Registered
534 Posts

I've only had one horse in the trailer so far, but this summer I'll be hauling two on about a 4 hour trip.

I forget who, but someone on here told me they hauled two easily...

Here's what I towed last weekend:

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I am going to merge this thread with the other thread that discusses the very same topic.

·
Registered
70 Posts
That is a cool trailer... never seen a double-decker trailer before... :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is the reason for towing except the occasional rental. Made a one day trip to Lake of the Ozarks and back from StL. Just a shade over 3 hours each way on 90% 4-lane roads without a lot of traffic. 16.2 mpg on hilly roads and 70-80 mph. Our other trips to a different lake are 2-lane highways, relatively flat roads and 60-70mph. Mileage has been 16.9
Anyway, Honda tows Yamaha.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts