Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to remove the side curtain airbag pillars by dash, without deploy airbag.. For running wires through..

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
There's a post on here somewhere you can use to download the Service Manual (SM). That should help you with this. I'm not home or I'd look it up for you.

·
Administrator
17,308 Posts
Is it possible to remove the side curtain airbag pillars by dash, without deploy airbag.. For running wires through..
I wouldn't suggest running any additional wiring through that area or any other area where airbags, seat belt tensioners, or related wiring are located. You might experience an unintended airbag deployment or the airbag might not deploy if it is needed.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point zroger..I was gonna mount a flashlight holder on that pillar.. Would screwing into panel cause harm

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Good point zroger..I was gonna mount a flashlight holder on that pillar.. Would screwing into panel cause harm
I can tell you how to do all that, but I can tell you for an absolute certainty, that is NO place to put a flashlight holder. Absolutely not, no way.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I can tell you how to do all that, but I can tell you for an absolute certainty, that is NO place to put a flashlight holder. Absolutely not, no way.
^^^^^^^^ ... so much so, that I had to stop to ask my self if he was just being sarcastic, funny or ???? (still not sure)

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where to mount flashlight or firebeater fire extinguisher in cab of ridgeline

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have sub's under box.. I attend car show every august and want to be neat about this..

·
Administrator
17,308 Posts
Are you a firefighter, EMT, law enforcement officer, security guard, safety coordinator or other person who might require this equipment for a job function or protection of life and property?

Or, are you mounting this stuff because it "looks cool"?

Or, are your wiring practices so questionable that it is necessary to have a fire extinguisher on board?

Or, do you have performance modifications that resulted in an elevated risk of fire?

I'm just being nosy.

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
At the car show you're required to have one for safety.. My wiring is fine.. No problems there..Like flashlight in open just in case need it and looks

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
I'd look at putting a piece of plywood in the forward floor console tray (down on the floor below the seat heater switches) to raise it up level with the lip, and then bolting to that. Be aware that there are heater ducts under it, so no drilling with it on the car. The rubber liner just lifts off, and you might be able to fit it back on top after adding the wood.

The A-pillar garnish can be removed by using a trim tool on the "curtain airbag" badge. It's a one-time use part, so you'll have to replace it afterwards. You can run a wire up there for a hands-free microphone, or nav unit, etc. but it is NOT strong enough or safe enough for mounting a flashlight, extinguisher, etc. on it. When the airbag deploys, it gets pushed out, and you don't want your flashlight or extinguisher flying off and hitting you in the face.

Chip H.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
nothing particularly pertinent to the original post except that anyone know the reason for the single use plug/air bag marker on the driver side A pillar? Deployment confirmation for some reason? I ran some wires inside the passenger side A pillar and there is lots of room inside including other wires. Wish I had pics, all air bag wiring has the usual yellow tape on it and there is enough room to route additional wiring well away and behind anything air bag related. Of course all the usual CYA, I wouldn't suggest anyone open it up if they were uncertain about it.

I've looked at it in the FSM and can confirm that the plug is not on the passenger side. Passenger side just has a similarly worded warning molded in the plastic, while the driver side has a separate insert. Agree completely that anything mounted in front of an air bag can become a missile. I also had a coworker have both thumbs broken resting then on the center of their Accord steering wheel. That made work quite difficult for a while!

http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=146818&postcount=2

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like that idea chiph.. I don't even use that area.. Perfect location with carpet and Wood

·
Registered
4,171 Posts
nothing particularly pertinent to the original post except that anyone know the reason for the single use plug/air bag marker on the driver side A pillar? Deployment confirmation for some reason?
I think they're worried that if someone removes/replaces the plug a number of times it's holding power will become weak, and then the cover itself would become a missile.

Chip H.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts