Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of ordering some side door guards. Can anyone tell me what they are made of metal, rubber, etc. Also I plan on installing them myself. If anyone has done a self install any insights or gotcha's will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bob

·
Registered
419 Posts
Since this vehicle has very little chrome on the outside (or for that matter on the inside either) I used the clear plastic door edge guards on all four door edges and so far...have been happy with the looks and protection. Had the "Honda" body-side protectors and fender flairs installed by the dealership when purchased. Just my view, good luck!!! ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
My dealer wanted 795.00 installed for the body side protectors. I passed. The local place that does pinstriping and aftermarket moldings and such put on clear door edge guards for 40.00 for all 4. these were nice with the glue part only on the inside of the door with no sticky residue to deal with on the outside.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I think we are talking about 2 different things.

One is a vertical edge protector for the trailing edge of the doors. The other are the horizontal door protectors for parking lot dings (when your door is closed)

As for the Honda door protectors (horizonatal ones, two per door) they are painted to match the truck. Thebase material is a black plastic and are attached with very strong double sided tape

·
Registered
7 Posts
skyhopsing wrote:
I was thinking of ordering some side door guards. Can anyone tell me what they are made of metal, rubber, etc. Also I plan on installing them myself. If anyone has done a self install any insights or gotcha's will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bob
Sorry to wake this thread from long sleep, since this thread is talking about door guards... I just want to ask if anyone here already tried this BANGuard vehicle door protector? I'm sick and tired of the dings and scrapes on my door's finish everytime I parked my vehicle on a tight parking.

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Check out Sportwing if you want good full door protection that also looks good.
BANGuard, etc. are probably good if you are often caught in a 'tight space'.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts