Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am prepping to change the timing belt on my 2007 Ridgeline. When I did the timing belt on my Ody one of the passenger side engine mount bolts stripped. Because of the frame location, it took buying a right angle drill and cutting and sharpening a series of slightly longer drill bits to eventually install a helicoil. I have seen recommendations here in the forum to use new bolts going into the engine block and after my last experience it seems like cheap insurance. If memory serves there are three large bolts with one being slightly larger. But now my searches for those old threads are not working. I have stared at the parts diagrams for a long time and am struggling to find the correct part numbers for these three bolts?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am prepping to change the timing belt on my 2007 Ridgeline. When I did the timing belt on my Ody one of the passenger side engine mount bolts stripped. Because of the frame location, it took buying a right angle drill and cutting and sharpening a series of slightly longer drill bits to eventually install a helicoil. I have seen recommendations here in the forum to use new bolts going into the engine block and after my last experience it seems like cheap insurance. If memory serves there are three large bolts with one being slightly larger. But now my searches for those old threads are not working. I have stared at the parts diagrams for a long time and am struggling to find the correct part numbers for these three bolts?
Your post caught eye as I, too, have an 07. I bought mine in October of last year and shortly after, I had the timing belt done as I had around 102K mi. I had it done by my local Indy shop. The entire job, including parts, new thermostat was around $580.
Might it not be helpful if you called the Honda Parts Department to get the info.? Just a thought.

All the best!

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,762 Posts
Here are the part numbers
Long bolt that goes horizontally through the mount (pax side): 90161-SZA-A00 (qty - 1)
The three bolts that secure the pax side mount: 95701-10016-08 (qty - 3)
The two bolts that the engine hooks onto (bracket): 90164-SHJ-A00 (qty-2)

Just for the parts, the above should cost you around $10.50. Shipping and tax would be extra.

Also, supporting the engine on the bottom via a piece of wood and floor jack would save you the bolt from stripping. Also, it would help you keep the engine at the proper height, so the two vertical engine bolts, line up to the mount.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are the part numbers
Long bolt that goes horizontally through the mount (pax side): 90161-SZA-A00 (qty - 1)
The three bolts that secure the pax side mount: 95701-10016-08 (qty - 3)
The two bolts that the engine hooks onto (bracket): 90164-SHJ-A00 (qty-2)

Just for the parts, the above should cost you around $10.50. Shipping and tax would be extra.

Also, supporting the engine on the bottom via a piece of wood and floor jack would save you the bolt from stripping. Also, it would help you keep the engine at the proper height, so the two vertical engine bolts, line up to the mount.
Thank you, parts are ordered. The closest dealer is 100 miles away.

I stripped that bolt simply going fast with a ratchet before switching to a torque wrench. The engine was supported so there was not a load on the bolt. I hit bottom and may have over torqued it? It stripped way easier than expected.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,762 Posts
It may have cross threaded. Even removing the bolts need to be done by supporting the engine and it worked out fine for me.
Best wishes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts