Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found some old threads on engine mount replacement, buried in other sub-forums but driveway wrenching should go here. DRWX had a pretty good write up in 2012 under Problems and Issues.

Did the foot-on-the-brake drive and reverse to observe engine movement and the side mount seemed to be the weaker one, though it didn't look torn or broken. $102 from Majestic (couldn't find the side mount from anyone else).

1. Jack and block of wood under the engine to take the load off.
2. Lift and move the power steering reservoir out of the way without disconnecting the hoses.
3. 10mm bolt on the fender side and unclip the fuse box holder and move out of the way. unclip the three wire blocks and move them too.
4. Three more 10 mm bolts, one for the ground strap to the mount, one for the little plate on top of the mount that holds the various wire bundles - you can unclip all the bundles attached to this little plate, one for the aircon hose that runs on top.
5. There is one fat wire bundle with the clip unreachable with shovel hands like mine, that I struggled with and finally just snipped with side cutters. Replaced with a couple of strap ties.
6. Loosen all the 14mm bolts - 3 hold the mount, 2 on top between the mount casting and the engine. Then the 17mm bolt through the casting and the mount - the sideways one.
7. Pull out the casting and then the mount and replace in reverse order. Careful with the rubber "ears" on either end of the mount. All the 14 bolts go on with 30 ft lbs, 17 with 50, not gorilla stuff.

Looking at the old mount there was some separation starting on the outer edge of the rubber but it didn't look trashed. BTW the rubber feels really "soft" on both the old and new.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Good instructions. I believe that is the easier one to replace, lucky for you.

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
22,871 Posts
I don't believe there's much in the FSM about the process. Good info karmutzen.

Where did you block up the engine? The oil pan?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, oil pan, the only piece that shows looking up from the bottom. Scissor jack, then a piece of 2x6 wood on top, then a square of HD foam between the oil pan and the wood.

BTW, thanks for that diagram, I found it deep in the thread history and printed it out for reference.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Yeah I got both of mine from majestic. The front one was harder than the side one because of immobile objects being in the way.

·
Premium Member
11,315 Posts
Yeah I got both of mine from majestic. The front one was harder than the side one because of immobile objects being in the way.
Yes, much more time consuming. That's why the dealer wanted the mid-$300s to replace it. Fortunately, it was still under warranty.
And yes, it is not unusual for them to go out while still under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts