Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: NOW AVAILABLE!!!!

I'm thinking of getting this product. I received this email from the company:

"Thank you for your interest in Signal® Mirrors! We currently do not have plans to develop a Signal Mirror® retrofit specific kit for your Ridgeline. This is due to low customer demand to date. Your request is important and helps us to determine what customer interest exists for specific vehicles. We will contact you if we do offer a kit in the future."

I think this product is a great safety feature. I've seen this type of signal mirror on older Ford Expeditions and I think they are a great feature. With the size of the Ridgeline, these mirrors or side markers would work well (I think the signal mirrors look better). This company makes signal markers for the Honda Pilot so if we can bother them enough maybe we can get them to develop a set for our Ridgelines...let's get the emails going!!! Here is the email address of the rep that responded back to me <[email protected]> :cool:

Fill out this request form...let the manufacturer "hear" our voices!!!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
As soon as I get my truck I will e-mail them. Squeaky wheel gets the oil!

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zero said:
As soon as I get my truck I will e-mail them. Squeaky wheel gets the oil!
I thought you had yours already.

·
Registered
119 Posts
These mirrors look real interesting to me. I didn't see anything on their website about price. Did you talk to the rep about a price range to expect if they made it for our RLs? Or was it on the website and I didn't see it?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AHart said:
These mirrors look real interesting to me. I didn't see anything on their website about price. Did you talk to the rep about a price range to expect if they made it for our RLs? Or was it on the website and I didn't see it?
I actually found them on a site Vertrkr used for his wireless back up sensors. Check this out. Hope this helps. I'm guessing they will price them in $200 range for a pair...remember you must factor that mirrors will need to be heated which will add to the cost.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for the info. I read some place on their site that you can replace heated mirrors with non-heated. Here in So. CA I don't have much use for heated, and I could keep cost down. I will let them know I am interested too.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great!! I think we can convince them to produce something. If you look at the vendor site I linked, they make mirrors for the Odyssey, CRV and Pilot...gotta be a Ridge in there :cool:

·
2,346 Posts
"I thought you had yours already."

Not quite. Build date was March 26. Anxiously awaiting the call from the dealer.

I like the idea of mirror turn signals. I hope that this company will make them for the Ridgeline.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I had sent them an email three weeks ago and had the same reply...with more interest they will consider the number of sales and decide if they can make money on the manufacturing. All in good time.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Let's keep this post going so we could get our Signal Mirrors sooner than later. :cool:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ihave seen these on some trucks and SUV's. I thought they were standard factory. How would they install?

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
emgun said:
Ihave seen these on some trucks and SUV's. I thought they were standard factory. How would they install?
If you go to the link I supplied, there is a sample installation manual. The manufacturer states that a "professional" can install the mirrors in 2 hours. The install looks fairly easy. The toughest part will be looking for the turn signal wires.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Brushing the dust off this thread...I just talked with them and added my name to the list of people wanting their turn signal mirrors. For you RT and RTS owners, they make a retrofit for heated mirrors! Call or email them so that they will make this a reality for the Ridgeline.

·
2,346 Posts
Nice find Vertrkr. Those signal/mirrors look very interesting. . .

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I just wanted to revive this discussion for all the new ROC members out there. Check out the original post for information. If we bombard the manufacturer with requests for our RLs, I think they may consider making one for our truck. They currently make them for the Odyssey, Pilot and CRV. Let's add our Ridgeline to that list! Here is a request form we can use to inform the manufacturer of our interest in this product...please fill it out...the more the better.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Done. I also put a plug in for this site. Maybe if they get enough requests from the ROC they will become a sponsor. Just make sure that you let them know that you found them on the ROC.

·
2,346 Posts
Add me to the list. The more the better!

1 - 20 of 151 Posts