Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

Side pockets in the trunk

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Echo Park 
#1 ·
Introducing "side pockets" for the trunk (for my '19 RTL). There are two small shelf areas in the trunk that are mostly dead space. I thought that a container of some sort could hold some useful items for quick access.

I considered making custom boxes out of wood. But since I don't have the right tools for handling curves, I looked for an alternative. I found a pair of cloth baskets really cheap (a whopping 6.34 for both at "At Home"). They are held in place by aluminum strips that hook into the gutter. The strips are thin enough to easily bend in shape and not interfere with the lid when it closes.

One advantage is that these side pockets can hold small spray bottles vertically. I used to stow these in the custom lid organizer. When the lid is closed, the bottles would be horizontal and would sometimes leak. I used to stow the tie downs in the in-bed box but it's not lockable and I'm not using a locking bed cover.

Admittedly, these side pockets are not necessary. But among a thousand ways a Ridgeline trunk can be used, these can be a useful storage accessory.
Car Vehicle Light Motor vehicle Hood

Car Motor vehicle Hood Trunk Automotive design

Gas Electric blue Recreation Plastic Auto part

White Light Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting

See less See more
#6 ·
Introducing "side pockets" for the trunk (for my '19 RTL). There are two small shelf areas in the trunk that are mostly dead space. I thought that a container of some sort could hold some useful items for quick access.

I considered making custom boxes out of wood. But since I don't have the right tools for handling curves, I looked for an alternative. I found a pair of cloth baskets really cheap (a whopping 6.34 for both at "At Home"). They are held in place by aluminum strips that hook into the gutter. The strips are thin enough to easily bend in shape and not interfere with the lid when it closes.

One advantage is that these side pockets can hold small spray bottles vertically. I used to stow these in the custom lid organizer. When the lid is closed, the bottles would be horizontal and would sometimes leak. I used to stow the tie downs in the in-bed box but it's not lockable and I'm not using a locking bed cover.

Admittedly, these side pockets are not necessary. But among a thousand ways a Ridgeline trunk can be used, these can be a useful storage accessory. View attachment 418514

View attachment 418515

View attachment 418516

View attachment 418517
You should patent that and bring it to market. Truck people love their accessories. Good job!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.