Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:
I purchased my Ridge on March 18th, in late April I noticed some corision on my side steps. It was located on both sides of the truck where the weld is. This weld is approx. 4 1/2'' in, from the outer edge on both the front & back of the side steps. Sometime in May, while I was washing my truck, I noticed that the powder coating was "chiping off". I contacted my dealer (65 miles away) and he made an appointment for me to come in. Both side steps were replaced, no problem. NOW-- the same thing is happening again! I talked to a John at Honda and he gave me a case number and said a Case worker would be contacting me to gather further info. I am sure the side steps are farmed out to a supplier somewhere and it may take am act of congress to get it fixed. If anyone else has noticed this, I would be interested in hearing from you. Granted powder coating chiping away may not bother some people, but, I baby my truck and want to always look like new. I may also add, I do not go off road with this truck!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Do you have some pics to post? I have running boards and am wondering if I am going to have the same problem.

Thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
See the picture of my side step. This is the second set. Contacted Honda Hqt's case worker to contact me. Believe manufacture needs to be informed of defect or problem. Your thoughts!!

Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts