Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Side Steps RECALL

I just ordered side steps off ebay two days ago. Tonight the dealer sent me my money back. Said Honda had recalled the steps! I quess everyone with complaints got heard.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer has not mentioned the recall on the side steps. Is there some way to get the information so we can pass it on to our dealers. I want to get my side steps changed as soon as possible if there is a recall.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My close friend is connected with Honda--I just got the side steps before the "stop sell"--not a true recall--apparently, the side steps have a weld location at each end/on each end cap--up in the northeast, the salt on the roads was coroding the welds and the outer paint coating was coming off--Honda is addressing it at this time and customers supposedly will be contacted for a replacement--i have no timeframes

my biggest problem is not so much the corrosion, living in Florida. The side steps are hollow so when you hit a puddle, you hear the pinging sounds that tend to really be annoying

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered my steps from a dealer in deliware that sent my money back. He said honda was recalling. The steps were making noise in the rain, chipping at the welds and loosing powdercoating. He said I could still get the black running boards but no the steps.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Gee, it's only been 5 months since the dealer and I lodged my complaint. I hope they fix it rather than cancel production..............
Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
:( I just had the silver side step put on my Ridgeline two weeks ago and the Dealer said nothing to me about having any problems. I will check tomorrow and repost any information I receive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Glad they are finally addressing. I spoke with Honda about how noisy they side steps were with puddles 3 months ago and they had never heard the issue before (ha!). Thanks to all of you that also called Honda and now hopefully we will get this annoyance corrected!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was at the dealer today for the oil change and they had no information about the side step memo, recall...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts