Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide if I should put the roofrack on my truck and was wondering if anyone had a sideview shot, rear too if possible, of a silver ridge with the honda roof rack.

Not really sure how much use, if any I'd get out of it and only real reason to put it on is to break up the flat roof line and make things look a little more sporty. I see the Nissan's with them and think they look great.

Feedback in that regard is welcome too

c ya

John
Toronto, Ontario

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
What's with the Crime Prevention Unit? Is this an official police vehicle?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Height With Roof Rack Installed?

What is the height of the Ridgeline with the roof rack installed? Want to see if it would fit in the parking garage at work.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Re: Height With Roof Rack Installed?

jwizard said:
What is the height of the Ridgeline with the roof rack installed?
Mine is 6'3" including a little daylight.

·
Registered
17 Posts
SOLD! I have been debating this "to rack or not to rack" issue since I purchased my Ridge.

Thanks LadyRidge your photo convinced me.

One question remains - can the crossbars be located at points other than the Honda designated ones? Like closer to the rearmost and/or frontmost position? It seems like a waste of rack if you can only keep them At ~ 18" apart!!

Thanks

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Yes, they can be moved. LadyRidge's rack is set at the Honda-recommended positions. BTW the rack is made by Thule and there are a lot of add-ons available for it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
ShvlHd, Thanks, Honda seems rather anul about locating the crossbars at designated location .. whatever!

Have you installed the rack yourself? Anything to be aware (cautious) about?

L

·
0 Posts
SSquire said:
ladyridge, you've got the first "non-Honda" pic I've seen with the body protectors. How do you like them?

I really like them. They have saved the paint job a couple times already!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
DoubleDuty said:
Have you installed the rack yourself? Anything to be aware (cautious) about?
I installed mine. The one thing that is a pain is cutting the black gutter strips. You use the cut pieces to fit the spaces between the rack attachments.

The hard part is that they say to use a hacksaw, ok not an issue if you are cutting through metal. However you are cutting through a rubberized aluminum strip with about 10,000 different angles. So not only does the hacksaw bind but the strip is quite difficult to hold on to.

I ended up using a steady and and my Dremel but be very care and DEFINATELY wear gloves and googles (it gets hot and spits metal fragments).

Once the cuts are made its a pretty quick install. My total time was 1.5 hours. The extra 30 minutes was due to darness because I had to to put them on the day I got my RL so I didn't start until 6:30 PM.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Qurious to know was the rack dealer installed and how much did they charge? Looks great! Is the wind noise very noticeable? And will it interfere w/the Moon Roof? :p

L

·
0 Posts
Tex's Ridge said:
Qurious to know was the rack dealer installed and how much did they charge? Looks great! Is the wind noise very noticeable? And will it interfere w/the Moon Roof? :p
Hi Tex.
I don't notice the wind noise unless the radio is off which is NEVER!! :D

They were installed when I bought the truck so I don't know how much. Liked it too much to care. :rolleyes:

It does not interefere with the moonroof. It's great.

·
Premium Member
5,392 Posts
My roofrack was $350. That included parts and the dealer install. Their original bid was $453.75 but after I showed them my computer print out that I could get the parts cheaper, they matched the internet price.

Noise is negligible unless you are going over 40 MPH with the moonroof open. We decreased that by moving the crossbars back away from the moonroof.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Very nice, dacvulcan.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts