Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had bad wind noise in the begining and had my windshield and molding replaced. It helped alot but I still had some wind noise. I decided to black silicone around the molding to try and make a smooth transition from the window to the roof as possible.

I used painters blue tape and masked off areas for the leading edge and trailing edge of the molding. The corners were the most difficult and finally found just using a razor blade and doing a freehand curve worked the best. I did not do this on the roof so as not to scar the paint, I used many small bits of tape to make the curve there. I then overfilled both masked off channels with silicone and very lightly used my finger to remove the excess. It's best to do this just once and in one smooth motion and call it good. Screw with it any more and the finish always looks worse I've found in my experience. I did this around the whole windshield expect for the bottom.

The verdict is it defintely helped. It did not totally elimate the windnoise but I think it's now comparable to other cars and at a normal level so I'm calling it good and closing the book on this one for me.

PS. the camera made the silicone stand out a little more than it actually looks in real life. One would really never notice it unless you are looking right at it.

Attachments

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Thanks for posting this, vertrkr. What brand of black silicon caulk did you use?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts