Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my first post so I hope this works. Great to see all the information everyone is sharing on this site. I have owned my RTL for 3 weeks now and have had no problems (other than the carpeted floor map color mixup that I saw some of you experienced). I decided to go with dirt tires since I do go off road whenever possible. The tires are a little noisier but the ride is about the same as stock. The wheels are 18" TSW Montage. Seemed the biggest size practicle while going with dirt tires. The Ridgeline has an odd bolt spacing so we are limited to what wheels we can use. Apparently most wheels that fit on a late model BMW will work. I also wanted to report that I have 1500 miles and a trip to Vegas on my truck and the gas mileage has been pretty good (despite some member reports of very poor mileage). I got 20.2 mpg on my Vegas trip with most of that at 75 - 80mph. Around town (southern California) I've got about 18mpg on the last couple tanks.

BTW - My OEM wheels are for sale on E-bay right now. Wish me luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
very nice wheel/tire upgrade!! i was either gonna get those tsw rims or some tsw mondellos in 20"....

nice choice!

·
Green With Envy Moderator
2,346 Posts
Those wheels look great!! Thanks for posting those pictures. I agree with one of the above posters about these wheels looking better than the 20's and 22's.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It looks like maybe it had been repainted - sometimes photos like this let you see things the naked eye doesn't - OR it could just be the light but it does look different.

Maybe a check with the dealer or a good body man to check on the dealer is in order.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I noticed that too. In fact, after I saw my picture, I ran outside to check. It's just the angle of the sunlight and the fact that the front and rear doors are not on an exact straight "plane". The paint job is fine.

·
Registered
491 Posts
yeah, it almost looks like the front 1/2 is a different color. Cars do get damaged in transit and they fix them and do not have to say a thing to the consumer....so I have heard.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
maybearidge said:
yeah, it almost looks like the front 1/2 is a different color. Cars do get damaged in transit and they fix them and do not have to say a thing to the consumer....so I have heard.
Actually they do have to report damage to the consumer. A BMW owner won millions in a case where his new car was re-painted because of acid rain during transit and was not told about it. A subsequent ruling reduced the final payment but it was still significant.

·
Registered
338 Posts
What did you do about the TPMS?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I got the tires and wheels at Wheel Warehouse in Anaheim, CA. They transfered the Valves to the new rims. It's my understanding that most name-brand rims of recent vintage will accept the valves. TSW has a web site (TSW.com) that shows their selection. Not sure which ones would work on the Ridgeline, but again, I was told that we had the same bolt layout as the newer BMW's. By luck, the stock tires are the exact same size as those on my wife's Infinity QX4 so we had the (Honda) tires transfered to her car. That saved me a few bucks. Now if I can dump my alloy Ridgeline rims, my new tires and wheels won't cost that much.

·
Registered
338 Posts
shamguess,

Did you get the 255/55-18's? Have you checked your odometer to see how much it is off by now? The calculator that I use says it'll be off by 1.7%. So when the odo says 60 your actually going ~59.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Those wheels look nice!!!

When I get my Ridgeline, I am looking at getting aftermarket wheels because, quite frankly, the stock ones suck. Honda should have at least made the accessory wheels the stock wheels, even if they were painted instead of chrome.

As far as wheels on the Ridgeline go, I agree that I am not particularly fond of 20 and 22 inch wheels, primarily due to the performance decrease. I do feel though that a truck needs larger wheels (20 or 22 inch) to "look" right. In saying this, it requires the proper style of 20 or 22 inch wheel, and that is quite hard to come by as most are chrome, and most are just way too over done or gaudy. I just feel that a larger wheel looks right on a larger vehicle like the Ridgeline since it fills up the wheel wells better. Yes, you can get bigger tires, but black tires against black wheel wells just don't seem to fill it up much.

Anyway, congrats on the wheels. I will be buying the accessory wheels until I can find something that fits my tastes.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts