Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I chose the the 2017 RL Sport for the cloth seats. I realize there's no bells and whistles with these seats, in fact it's a lever to raise and lower it. I have found that my seat sinks, but here's what I think is happening - everytime I get in and out of the truck I think maybe the lever is getting slightly pushed down - thus overtime I have to pump myself up. That's my working theory but I ask similar owners like yourself if you've experienced the same sinking feeling.

·
Premium Member
2019 RTL awd, MSM
5,456 Posts
Someone on here mentioned something similar happening with their manual seat, but that was several years ago. I don't recall a resolution being mentioned, but it was suggested he take it back to the dealer for warranty work if it was indeed a flaw. Perhaps someone else will chime in, or you may have to do a search.

·
Registered
2007 RTL Steel Blue
578 Posts
I chose the the 2017 RL Sport for the cloth seats. I realize there's no bells and whistles with these seats, in fact it's a lever to raise and lower it. I have found that my seat sinks, but here's what I think is happening - everytime I get in and out of the truck I think maybe the lever is getting slightly pushed down - thus overtime I have to pump myself up. That's my working theory but I ask similar owners like yourself if you've experienced the same sinking feeling.
Our 1998 CRV does the opposite, we have to ratchet it down after a few entry/exits. Make up your mind, Honda LOL

·
Registered
757 Posts
I've had a 2019 and a 2021 Sport and I haven't noticed any issue with the seat. In fact, I like them and was pleasantly surprised how comfortable they are for a base model seat.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS
126 Posts
Mine does it as well; it was mentioned awhile back that several others noticed when they turned and slid out of the seat, their leg and/or tush was depressing the lever each time. I'm considering trying to use some sort of pin to insert below the lever after adjusting it to keep it from lowering the seat.

·
Registered
2020 Sport AWD
34 Posts
This was a phenomena I noticed in my 05 Accord LX. Figured out it was my thunder thighs bopping that lever down every time I exited the vehicle. As it was only a single pump down each time it happened, it took a couple trips to really notice it occurred. As my 20 RL Sport has that same lever, I know to look for it.

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline RTS
126 Posts
I'm guessing that the upper level models have power seat adjustments...I examined the plastic housing and concluded that it's too thin and a 'locking pin' would likely catch the back of my pants/bare leg upon exiting the vehicle :confused:. Maybe just preset it, and put a block of wood under it for constant support.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts