Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just got done installing my sirius radio into the ridge. It was like Honda made a place just for it, (if you dont have heated seats). Thanks to the web site where it tells you how to install most things in your Ridgeline , I was able to use the cigerette lighter instructions . I took out the 3 spacers where the heated seat buttons would be, replacing only one, as you can see in the picture. Hope this helps anyone else who has Sirius.
People may ask why do you have sirius when your radio is xm ready ?
My wife bought it for me for my birthday prior to purchasing the Ridge, also I feel Sirius has more of a selection of stations.
Let me know what you think ?

I am having trouble making the pictures smaller so they will fit. I will post them asap

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Cool - I need to do this (as soon as I get the RL back form the body shop) with my Roady2. Did you hook directly into the power outlet in the back? I was looking for instructions for that. Might get a new cord to do that, don't wanna chop the cig lighter end off and then screw up the hard wire install. Looks good - :)

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice job Chris!!! It does look like you found a great spot for it.

RidgeInTheVille

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
What about the antenna? I'm hoping I can fit it under the plastic rear panel where the 3rd taillight lives, running the wiring along side of the taillight wiring.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Good job Chris! Your install is much cleaner than mine (attached is a quick pic of my gear). I just bought XACTs new Replay (XTR8CK) and installed it last night. My receiver is in the same location as yours, except I used the mount with double-sided tape. This is a temporary fix (or not) until I make a final decision on how I want to route the wiring.

The antenna is routed down the passenger's console side trim and under the carpet, down the kick panel, up the c-pillar, then out the third brake light hole and on the roof. It was a pain when I installed it months ago and hopefully will never have to do that again.

I also want to wire the 12V adapter out of sight, but for now it is in the right-side receptacle. The left-side supplies power to my Gamin iQue M5. I think I'm stuck with the wiring routed around the right-side of the dashboard to the 12V receptacle since I need to have access to the volume control on the adapter.

All of the excess wiring for the adapters are stuffed into the "not an ashtray" bin. Again, not a clean install but good enough for the time being.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I used the power outlet in the back, I tucked all the wires behind the dash and ran them under the center console. The Antenna was run under the back mat, under the seat and up through the rear armrest, then between the seal and out the window, Then I just followed the crease by the rear tailight and used a credit card to tuck the wire deep into the crease all the way to the middle of the roof and then let the magnet do the rest.

Chris

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Do you think the antenna would fit under the taillight panel, and do you think it would work well through the plastic?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats where the credit card came in handy, I used it to push the wire under that plastic piece and I have no problem with reception.
Chris

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I don't mean the antenna lead, I mean the antenna itself. I'd like to hide it in the taillight panel.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, sorry, I dont think that would work, I put my hand over the thick magnet and within 6-7 seconds the signal was gone,
You should try it, maybe you will have better luck.
I am not sure what thickness the signal can break through, but my hand is not that big. lolol
Chris

·
Registered
233 Posts
Chris, how did you go about tapping into the 12-volt adapter behind the console? Did you buy an extra 12V receptacle and spliced into the existing wires of the adaptor?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just ran the long 12v behind the dash then under the center cosole and plugged it into the rear 12v outlet.
Quick and easy.
chris

·
Registered
114 Posts
Interesting idea to run the cig plug to the back, keeps it cleaner up front. Anyone hooked right into the back of the power outlets right aside of where the unit is? I might get a b-pulg (i think is the conector for my roady2) at radio shack and then just splice into the back of the power outlet there. Was is difficult to get panel off so you could work behind it?

·
Premium Member
6,881 Posts
Wow chrissalvatore, great post! Doesn’t look to complicated with the cig-lighter instructions and the photos you have provided? Very well done and thank you.:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Adam at Audio Obsessions in Colonie NY, installed Sirius and an Eclipse NAVI in my dash this week . He calls me out into the bay and say's -guess where the antenna is? - I said it is in the tailight? He said wow how'd you know. I saw it on ROC.
It works good. So I would recommend it.
D

·
Registered
65 Posts
Eclipse AVN 5435 Sirius and Proclip Treo Mount

Photo_112405_001.jpg

Proclip n NAVI.jpg

NAVI.jpg

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Very nice. What did that Eclipse unit run you?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts