Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a missed call yesterday on my phone, it was from SiriusXM (1-855-465-4017). Are they trying to sell me something? I never used SiriusXM in my last car as I got enough music on my phone. But with my RL, I have the GPS system... my friend told me the traffic information is coming from SiriusXM that *may* require subscription, is that true? If that is true, I will lose the traffic on GPS after several months I guess... Yeah, big deal, I will just use Android Auto app with a cable and use Google Map. Anyways I put the number on my phone Auto reject list. LOL

·
Premium Member
2104 Honda Ridgeline SE
1,803 Posts
If Sirius XM call you for renewal tell them you wish to cancel and they will offer you a special. I have been cancelling every six months and renewing on the same special. If asked for a credit card for auto renewal, decline. When told there is a $2 fee to not have your credit card on file, tell them to cancel and they will credit your account with $2. Now mark your schedule with the renewal date for service and be sure to call them a couple of days in advance to cancel again. Pay by check or if you pay over the phone with a credit card, ask them to remove your card details from their system. If they auto renew on credit card you will be charged full price.

·
Administrator
16,049 Posts
Traffic information is free and comes from HD radio stations in larger cities, not SiriusXM - at least in the US - not sure about Canada.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep cancelling and renewing with the special is not a bad idea. LOL.. I am reading their .ca web site (see link below), it seems like it's $4.99 CAD/month for traffic information only. Then, there is a line at the bottom saying "These services are not available without an audio subscription"!!!??? Maybe it is a Canadian thing, we have to pay for that!!! Damn it!

Are you sure in U.S. it doesn't charge traffic info? Okay, I am going to move down to the south!!! LOL.. Further reading on .ca site, the FULL access (130+ channels) is $21.99 CAD/month. SERIOUSLY??

SiriusXM Traffic Pricing & Market Coverage | SiriusXM.ca

·
Administrator
16,049 Posts
Perhaps I should have been clearer...

SiriusXM offers a traffic service (and a weather service that shows things like weather rader). My Infiniti G35 used it. It costs a few (US) dollars each month.

The current Honda Pilot, Civic, and Ridgeline with Garmin maps get traffic data from terrestrial HD radio stations as part of the digital stream for free.

Other Hondas with Navteq maps that have traffic capability get the data from terrestrial FM radio stations as part of the RDS signal for free.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Perhaps I should have been clearer...

SiriusXM offers a traffic service (and a weather service that shows things like weather rader). My Infiniti G35 used it. It costs a few (US) dollars each month.

The current Honda Pilot, Civic, and Ridgeline with Garmin maps get traffic data from terrestrial HD radio stations as part of the digital stream for free.

Other Hondas with Navteq maps that have traffic capability get the data from terrestrial FM radio stations as part of the RDS signal for free.

OOh.... cool, thanks a lot! That's good information!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts