Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer, in June, the wife and I are going to take vacation in the Colorado Springs area with the Ridgeline and I would like to do some site seeing and even drive some simple trails.
I am not looking to see how far I can push the truck but I would love to drive to places with a nice view and not have 3000 other people there with me.
Does anyone have some places I should check out? Maybe even a place to rent a ATV and hit some trails.

·
Registered
163 Posts
You might enjoy Garden of the Gods. Also, drive north on Rampart Range Road - West of Co spgs; climb the Devil's Head fire tower, after an easy hike in the woods. Go to Cripple Creek and Victor, old mining towns. Visit the new visitor center outside Cripple Creek. Drive the shelf road south from Cripple Creek to Canon City - an east 4WD road. Return on Phantom Canyon Road.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You can take your RL up to the top of Pikes Peak -- now THAT'S a drive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the input. I will have to look into those. I still would like to find a good place to rent an ATV and get off the main paths.

I'm looking forward to the trip, it will be a long drive from Des Moines, maybe 11 hours or so but as you already know the Ridgeline rides so nice it will be fine. We have take a couple 5-7 hours trips with 3 teen age kids without any problem. This one will just be the two of us so it will be easy. 71,000 miles and I still love to drive it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for the input. I will have to looking to those. I still would like to find a good place to rent an ATV and get off the main paths.

I'm looking forward to the trip, it will be a long drive from Des Moines, maybe 11 hours or so but as you already know the Ridgeline rides so nice it will be fine. We have take a couple 5-7 hours trips with 3 teen age kids without any problem. This one will just be the two of us so it will be easy. 71,000 miles and I still love to drive it.
There are several ATV rental places between colorado springs and woodland park. I have 2 ATVs myself a king quad 700 and a grizzly 700 and one of my favorite places to ride is a place called Terryall. Most of it is not to tough and you get some of the most beautifull views around. Its only about an hour or so out of the springs and pretty easy to get to. Hell let me know when you get out this way and may just join ya for a ride. If its a nice weekend will take the RV up and stay a couple of days riding. Love it up there. Clark

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, Cheyenne Mountain state park, Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame, US Olympic Center, Manatue Springs/ Old Colorado City, US Air Force Acadmey, and if you have time take the Two Hour trip up to Breckenridge and see the ski town and do some shopping in Silverthorn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Gold Camp road is pretty cool too. I lived out in the Springs for eight years. I do miss it sometimes. Good place to own a dirt bike. Make sure you check out the Royal Gorge also. It's near Canon City.:)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Just for a change, try going east from the 'Springs to see some pure prarie land. For instance for an easy drive, take Hwy 94 east to junction with US 287. Then go south to Lamar. Thence west on Hwy 50 to Pueblo and on to Colorado Springs. A lot of people write off the type of scenery out there, but it really is nice in it's own way. Besides there is a lot of history along there with the Santa Fe Trail etc etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts