Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 RTL-E transmission replaced at 47k.
What are most owners doing that find themselves in this situation? Do you keep it or trade it? Never towed and all maintenance completed as it came up, even did 3 times flush at 15k and 30k but to no avail it failed at 47k. What to do.

·
Super Moderator
2,235 Posts
Take it to the dealer and ask for Honda assistance on the replacement. They have been helping others so my guess you would too. And IMO if they don't they're heading for a class action lawsuit but don't say that to them. Just ask for Honda financial assistance on the replacement. They have been with others.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Sorry your transmission failed, if you don't mind sharing, what were your signs leading up to the end?

·
Registered
2014 Sport
3,865 Posts
Take it to the dealer and ask for Honda assistance on the replacement. They have been helping others so my guess you would too. And IMO if they don't they're heading for a class action lawsuit but don't say that to them. Just ask for Honda financial assistance on the replacement. They have been with others.
Title says he had the transmission replaced under warranty. I think his "What to do" is about whether to keep the vehicle or get rid of it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Title says he had the transmission replaced under warranty. I think his "What to do" is about whether to keep the vehicle or get rid of it.
That is correct it was replaced

Sorry your transmission failed, if you don't mind sharing, what were your signs leading up to the end?
The vehicle ran great for 47k, one day on the way to work I felt a slightly abnormal shift into the last gear at about 50 mph and around 3000 rpm and then I started to monitor it more closely. On the last shift to occur the rpm would go up 500 to1000 more and then drop down to the next steady value of about 2000. The shift always was much harder than any other during any kind of acceleration so it was noticeable if you monitored for it but not terrible if not accelerating aggressively. That was about it.

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
584 Posts
Don’t think there’s a rush to make decision. You’ve got another 13K on the warranty. But if you don’t need to replace the RL, now is the time to sell. If you need to trade, I’d wait it out until the warranty expires. Now is not the time to buy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don’t think there’s a rush to make decision. You’ve got another 13K on the warranty. But if you don’t need to replace the RL, now is the time to sell. If you need to trade, I’d wait it out until the warranty expires. Now is not the time to buy.
I agree to wait, the dealer lots are empty. I actually was told I have 12k Warranty on the transmission, and the way that works is that I lost 1k of warranty, go figure. I like the truck overall and will wait until the lots start to catch up to the demand at this point but I wanted to poll the group to get opinions. Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Sport Lunar Silver AWD
584 Posts
I would contact Honda and ask for an extended power train warranty to 8yrs/100K. They‘ll probably say no but it doesn’t hurt to ask. I do think Honda will eventually extend the warranties on the 6AT if the failure rates continue to increase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts