Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After sending out a bunch of inquiries to custom shops I've received a response from www.raceskids.com . They believe that if we have at least 10buyers they can do a RL skid plate for around $200. If you are interested please email me at [email protected]. If I can get at least 9 others with high interest raceskids will look at a RL and give us a definite price.

If you live in the Portland OR area let me know, this shop is outside Portland in Vancouver WA.

Keep in mind this is not going to be a super low price deal since it is basically a custom project. Of course if we get a much higher number the price may drop a bit.

Any advice on how to better get this offer out to everyone would be appreciated, I'm not an expert on the forum.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I am interested!! what bolt up points are they talking about using?

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
I would be but i would need more info on the product before I would put up $200

·
Super Moderator
2008 Ridgeline RTS in Billet Silver Metallic
23,123 Posts
Does this apply even though the site advertisers don't offer such a product?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Having had several jeeps and other 4 wheel drives, I really can't see a skid plate on a front wheel drive vehicle. I had a friend that purchased a new CJ-5 years ago with a Perkins diesel (no skid plate), I built him a skid plate from 1/4" welded 304ss and it worked like a charm. Just not sure about the FWD. What would absorb the shock on a major contact?:confused:

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Does this apply even though the site advertisers don't offer such a product?
So, to be clear: You cannot have a group buy from a business that does not advertise on this site correct? Even if there are currently no advertisers repping this specific product correct? Well, I guess my dingleberry trimmer group buy I was going to organize just went up in smoke.:act063:

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
You can suspend my ROC priviledges for 2 weeks or whatever moderators...I don't care...but this new "Group Buys will no longer be allowed unless they are through one of our Advertisers" policy is BS. Nobody is getting rich on these GB's, nobody is running a "cottage industry" out of their basement (as one GB organizer was accused of), and the only thing GB's cost anybody is the time and effort the organizer puts out to put the GB together.

The only thing occurs during these GB's are people saving a few bucks on mods/accessories they want to buy. I don't see the harm.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Put me down as one who agrees with the policy.

This site is an advertising supported site. No ads, no ROC. Advertisers buy their ads based on the premise that they will derive business from their investment. Just because they don't carry a product doesn't mean that they don't have an interest in carrying the product and administering a group buy. They deserve the right to be the ones running a group buy and making some money off of it. If that means higher costs, so be it.

Anyone is welcome to start their own ROC site. We know how well all the others worked out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Put me down as one who agrees with the policy.

This site is an advertising supported site. No ads, no ROC. Advertisers buy their ads based on the premise that they will derive business from their investment. Just because they don't carry a product doesn't mean that they don't have an interest in carrying the product and administering a group buy. They deserve the right to be the ones running a group buy and making some money off of it. If that means higher costs, so be it.

Anyone is welcome to start their own ROC site. We know how well all the others worked out.
\

Thats all fine but when many other places offer it at a much better price, thats not fair to members. Kind of like being the only gas station in town, can get a little more per gallon. The site should believe in competition and Getting the Best deal for its Members. BTW when you buy the Sunday Paper at grocery store, they dont take out competitions flyers. Kind of the same thing.

Also the reason for no group buys was that they presumed the organizer was running a side buss. out of house. That was the BS line that was given.
Its their site so they make rules. Only thing I can think of is the kid who brings the ball to the game. My ball I make rules otherwise no ball and no game. A little immature. Thats my 2 cents. Why ruin a good sight with rules on top of rules

I have an Idea. maybe the persons in charge of this site could ask vendors to have periodic group buys. Ask the members what they want and have a group buy with a great price, not retail.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Tell the guy with the skid-plate to put it on eBay or Craigslist. This way anyone here can bid and not step on toes. Everyone should be happy about deal.

JMO....

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Wow, a product not even carried by any vendors/advertisers and still zero latitude regarding a group buy of a product so many folks have clamored for over the years?

I guess we have to stick to those rules, regardless of what it means for the actual users, eh?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Wow, a product not even carried by any vendors/advertisers and still zero latitude regarding a group buy of a product so many folks have clamored for over the years?

I guess we have to stick to those rules, regardless of what it means for the actual users, eh?
Change the word "users" to "customers" and you got it. Look, I understand the rules but c'mon, Group buys to only advertised companies?:act002:

·
Registered
239 Posts
unbelieveable. crazy and absurd. mods can we do something about this?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yeah I know how it feels. I tried doing a little "cottage" business on this site over a year ago and got told no, I had to "pay to advertise" before I could do anything. So when I finally got the rates for ads on the site I had to say "no" because the prices for having even a simple ad on this site were out of my league and would stifle any attempt to break even.

I'm sort of OK with that, but there should be some kind of way that ROC members who come up with a mod that has wide appeal can do a little business that enables them to offer a home grown product to other ROC members that want it and be able to cover costs, get enough to buy a case of beer, or save it to get someone else's mod. If you have something cool or useful there should be a swap shop/members only on this site that covers the more ingenious of us but blocks out the "businesses". That's the true way to enjoy your Ridgeline, not be channeled to some business that is that is trying to recoup the cost of their machinery.

So it works this way, you get a ROC membership for free, then you pay to advertise, and then you make money. You may not even own a Ridgeline, but if you follow the rules and pay the piper you can do your business.

I'm not trying to make my mortgage payment, rip anybody off, or become the next Hand-A! I just want to have fun, share stuff, cover my costs and a tank of gas.

At the risk of getting banned, suspended, or whatever, If you want to know what I have come up with you can always contact me via email.

:act027::act027::act027::act027::act027::act027::act027::act027::act027::act027::act027:

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
So, we can have a group buy for condoms? (I seem to recall a banner ad that ran for a while here...)

I do believe this begs the question, whether Ridgeline Owners Club is the correct term for this forum or if Ridgeline Owners Company is more accurate. I think hiPSI has done like the hippie carpenter & hit the head on the nail: we ain't members or users, we is customers or to use web-marketing terms, "impressions" or "hits."

·
Registered
423 Posts
Jack, I don't think they can ban you for what you've invented, only for trying to sell it. Fess up, I'm intrigued, don't leave me hangin':act062:
Oh, and BTW, I'm kinda with Jack on the whole "if it isn't a company deal" as I thaught that this was what this club was for.... just a bunch of enthusiasts shooting the S**t and swappin' mod ideas.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Jack, what's your email address? Can you post it here (best way is an image, but you can use 'at' instead of @, etc. to avoid bot harvesting)?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts