Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I’m just an old fart venting because I don’t like seeing the way some things in this world are changing (and not for the better, IMHO). My bad and apologies. Get a temp gun…..handy as a pocket on a shirt.

Reactions: OleSaintNik

·
Premium Member
2021 Obsidian Blue RTL
248 Posts
I agree with @OleSaintNik. Let's not drive him away.

Please keep this on topic and let's not go there. This is a great forum and for the most part, everyone is respectful.

Congratulations, @OleSaintNik on the upcoming addition to your family. Hope to see you in many different threads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
My comments were not intended to be a personal insult.
I’m just an old fart venting because I don’t like seeing the way some things in this world are changing (and not for the better, IMHO). My bad and apologies. Get a temp gun…..handy as a pocket on a shirt.
Thank you for the apology. I understand and agree -- the family is too often neglected in today's culture. Haha I do love shirt pockets, so a temp gun definitely sounds like a good idea! Especially if it's only $25 from Harbor Freight.

I agree with @OleSaintNik. Let's not drive him away.

Please keep this on topic and let's not go there. This is a great forum and for the most part, everyone is respectful.

Congratulations, @OleSaintNik on the upcoming addition to your family. Hope to see you in many different threads.
Thank you for stepping in and saying this -- I really appreciate it! And thanks for the congrats! I plan to stick around and learn from you all (and hopefully contribute) -- I was previously a member on the CivicX forum and learned so much from those guys! I look forward to being a member here as well

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
........................ From what I've heard, the ride quality and handling isn't affected very much by the lifts/skids/tires. Also, I don't see how those mods would affect dependability.
With that being said, I will only suggest that you do a bit more research before actually purchasing and installing lift kits and larger tires.

Best of luck with all that is, and will be, going on in your life!

Bill

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
One hears/reads all kinds of things in forums. Raising the center of gravity is just one thing that changes with regard to ride quality 100% of time spent driving.

All-Terrain has mostly to do with tire tread pattern/loose road surface traction……all-terrain tread patterns can be had in the OE stock tire size.

·
Registered
41 Posts
With a new baby coming you will have neither the time or energy to make “upgrades” or go off-roading and still be a responsible parent and partner.
AMEN to that.............besides, are you one of those week enders that pays 45K for a new truck and then spends the week end trying to tear it up? AND, that baby is going to completely change your life style...trust me !

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline AWD RTL-T
128 Posts
Because 99.9% of the time, I will be driving on the road doing general commuting stuff. From what I've heard, the ride quality and handling isn't affected very much by the lifts/skids/tires. Also, I don't see how those mods would affect dependability.

Thanks, but I didn't come to this forum for parenting advice, and I don't need you telling me what I do and don't have time for in my personal life. My family comes first in my priorities list, and having a hobby doesn't mean that I can't spend time with them and be a good parent and partner. My wife and I both decided on the Ridgeline together, and we anticipate it being a great family vehicle. If we go camping, it will be as a family activity. I don't need to justify my decisions to any of you, so I'd appreciate it if we can keep this thread on its intended topic.
Well, not quite. Remember, when you lift a vehicle you also raising its center of gravity thus increasing the possibility of a rollover. So handling and ride are totally affected. I do have a front skid plate on mine mainly to protect the oil pan from chunks of ice here in the winter. I also have all terrain tires that are 3 peak rated but they're the same size as the OEM tires.

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl, "The Blue Pearl"
320 Posts
raising its center of gravity thus increasing the possibility of a rollover. So handling and ride are totally affected.
Sorry, but I just don't agree with this. Ride quality is a purely subjective thing and most people on this form that have lifted their truck or put all-terrain tires on their vehicle have had very few complaints if any about the ride quality drastically changing. Also there are Honda dealerships that have sold Ridgelines with the 1.5 inch leveling kits and 265 series AT tires. I don't think they sold vehicles that are in imminent danger of rollover. We would have heard about that on this form I'm sure.

I completely understand why you don't want your vehicle to change, some people want to make those changes. Making modifications to your vehicle is one of the foundations of car culture. Not everybody has to mod out their truck, but it sure is fun to watch!

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Never mind that sticker on the sun visor that says: WARNING, Higher Risk of Rollover.

Reactions: Engine95

·
Registered
2017 Ridgeline AWD RTL-T
128 Posts
Sorry, but I just don't agree with this. Ride quality is a purely subjective thing and most people on this form that have lifted their truck or put all-terrain tires on their vehicle have had very few complaints if any about the ride quality drastically changing. Also there are Honda dealerships that have sold Ridgelines with the 1.5 inch leveling kits and 265 series AT tires. I don't think they sold vehicles that are in imminent danger of rollover. We would have heard about that on this form I'm sure.

I completely understand why you don't want your vehicle to change, some people want to make those changes. Making modifications to your vehicle is one of the foundations of car culture. Not everybody has to mod out their truck, but it sure is fun to watch!
It's a free country, it's your vehicle and of course you can do whatever you want to it. However, I can assure you that your well being isn't a priority as far as dealerships go. They're out to make as much money as they can. Same reason why they're always trying to scam folks trying to sell them "Rustproof" packages, lousy warranties and other senseless things when signing paper work in that finance dept.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Purely subjective, as you say, could apply to maneuvers and speed as well. If there was a vaccine for SFB Syndrome, that warning sticker would not be needed. LOL:giggle:

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
What about those folks that have had issues with their CV joints after a lift kit has been installed?

Bill

·
Registered
2020 RTL-E Obsidian Blue Pearl, "The Blue Pearl"
320 Posts
Purely subjective, as you say, could apply to maneuvers and speed as well. If there was a vaccine for SFB Syndrome, that warning sticker would not be needed. LOL:giggle:
My comment about being subjective was infact regarding ride quality. The warning label you reference does specifically say "abrupt maneuvers and excessive speed". Nothing about lifts or tires.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Then that just means lifts/big tires are for lookilous?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts