Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On your 2017 Ridgeline... Did you install or have installed the Honda skid plate. Do you like it. Worth the money for the protection or "look"?
Is it durable? Or a plastic accessory? Do you have good picture to show on your vehicle?
Did you decide to remove the low profile air dam "down there" for more ground clearance?
I am considering for a Lunar silver RTL-E... Considering since the ground clearance and the approach angle on this truck is disappointing and I have my ranch roads to trek everyday...

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
Near as I can tell, the skid plate is cosmetic only. It's also incredibly expensive for what you get. I think many of us are hoping there will be an aftermarket alternative — maybe something that actually does the job.

· Registered
43 Posts
I had the dealer throw in a skid plate along with a bunch of other stuff after we got to the final price. (Which was so so). I like the look.

It is a fairly heavy gauge aluminum so offers some protection but not the kind you'd need for serious off roading. Probably need to buy a different truck in that case anyway......

· Super Moderator
2017 Ridgeline RTL-E | Northeast U.S.
2,967 Posts
I had the dealer throw in a skid plate along with a bunch of other stuff after we got to the final price. (Which was so so). I like the look.

It is a fairly heavy gauge aluminum so offers some protection but not the kind you'd need for serious off roading. Probably need to buy a different truck in that case anyway......
Can you take a pic and post it when you can?

· Registered
106 Posts
I got one as well! You need a rivot nut tool 6mm for install! I priced one out and it was over $100.00. I figured I would never use it again, so I asked the dealer how much to install! They quoted me $62.50! They installed it for me, but the service guy said it took them almost 3 hours! $62.50 is a half hour labor! Lucky me!

Attachments

· Premium Member
359 Posts
The skid plate looks nice, but it appears to actually lower the ground clearance.

· Registered
461 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pics, but it appears the skidplate wraps down around the lower valence.

In other words, once the skidplate is installed, you would not gain any additional ground clearance by removing the lower valence spoiler, and the skidplate would look odd if the spoiler were removal. Anyone confirm?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.