Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I’m a new member and just got my fist Ridgeline - a 2019 RTL-E. So far I love it! But like many of you I’m wanting to improve it’s capabilities. I’m a hunter and fisherman, so I occasionally have need to go off-road to get to my favorite spots. The Ridgeline has less ground clearance than my former F-150, so I started checking out reco's here on this site. I saw some favorable post about the Burtman Industries plates, so I did some further research...liked what I saw/learned and went with a set of front and rear plates from Burtman. I ordered them like two days ago and Jason called me personally to let me know they shipped today and that I should have them by Monday! Talk about Customer Service!! I was thinking it’d be more like 2-3 weeks! Can’t wait to get them and get them installed! So thanks Jason and thanks members for the posts and discussions; I’m going to really enjoy this group & my Ridgeline of course!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Adventure Package
Sport Grille, Black Running Board, Fender Flares, Skid Plate, FR, 18-in Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels, Crossbars and Black Roof Rails
$3,372

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
^^^plus longer Passport front struts for more ground clearance! 😁

PS: Did you get the Honda skid plate "garnish" or a real metal one from the aftermarket?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone know what the clearance loss is with the skidplates? I asked in the other thread and Jason claimed no loss of clearance. Is it 1/2" inch? 1"? Less?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Does anyone know what the clearance loss is with the skidplates? Is it 1/2" inch? 1"? Less?
I'm guessing with my Venphic aluminum skid plate it is about 3/16th of an inch.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The burtmam plate took my front to 6.5” measured from the ground up to the bend in the plate...the lowest point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just measured again and took a picture. This time it came out to be 6 7/8”. This was a pretty accurate measurement. I’ve had the plate for a couple years now on my 2017 AWD Sport.
Measured the same on the other side of the plate too.
Could be the slight difference between my 17” wheel winter tire setup and my 18” wheel summer tire setup, or just an inaccurate measurement the first time.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Which means you lost about an inch of clearance.
With the Burtman plate, yes. I can say that plate has taken some serious shots over the last couple years!
It has a good deal of rust on it.
If I had to do it over again, I’d get an aluminum one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Skid plate installations? Any problems or just bolt on? Been to the dealer for a oil change? Any problems?
2019 RTL-E owner, not a regular offroader but might on occasion, would it be worth it. Looks like the Burtman front and rear would cost around $500.00.

·
Premium Member
2010 RT - Bali Blue
3,421 Posts
Skid plate installations? Any problems or just bolt on? Been to the dealer for a oil change? Any problems?
2019 RTL-E owner, not a regular offroader but might on occasion, would it be worth it. Looks like the Burtman front and rear would cost around $500.00.
you can also look at @Venphic for the ones he makes. Different design, but serves the same purpose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey folks, I’m a new member and just got my fist Ridgeline - a 2019 RTL-E. So far I love it! But like many of you I’m wanting to improve it’s capabilities. I’m a hunter and fisherman, so I occasionally have need to go off-road to get to my favorite spots. The Ridgeline has less ground clearance than my former F-150, so I started checking out reco's here on this site. I saw some favorable post about the Burtman Industries plates, so I did some further research...liked what I saw/learned and went with a set of front and rear plates from Burtman. I ordered them like two days ago and Jason called me personally to let me know they shipped today and that I should have them by Monday! Talk about Customer Service!! I was thinking it’d be more like 2-3 weeks! Can’t wait to get them and get them installed! So thanks Jason and thanks members for the posts and discussions; I’m going to really enjoy this group & my Ridgeline of course!
Just an un-asked-for semi-related note. I too have a 2019 RTL-E with less than 3K miles and love to hunt/fish and launched my boat off the same sandy beach with the Ridgeline as I have for 20 plus years with my stock Mercedes ML320. The RTL-E floor was soaked wall to wall and front to back. It did not appear to come from around the doors. The water at launch is always the same depth for my launches... just over the middle of the wheels on my ML320 and Ridgeline They measure exactly the same from ground to bottom of front door jam (the lowest spot). So, the Honda dealer was kind enough to strip the entire interior out and let it all dry over about a week and put it back together. There is no other way to dry it out, believe me. They also looked for every way possible to make the floor/doors waterproof but there are just too many holes, welds, secondary support channels, cables, etc. Many of the crew at the Honda dealer said they had similar problems with their Chevy and Ford trucks but I never did with that now old Mercedes and was in much deeper water with it. Just a thought when crossing deeper water in the Ridgeline... don't linger there! If it gets wet inside be prepared to take it all apart. Good luck and good hunting/fishing!

·
Vendor
1,851 Posts
@Sxrarick - Didn't see this post until now. Thanks for joining and happy to help you get your truck some protection.

I still have some plates in stock and they usually ship out the same day, no wait times right now since did a larger batch with spring/tax season coming.

FRONT skid plate, order link - in stock

REAR skid plate, order link - in stock

@Ralphxyz - I think I have the instructions in my phone, shoot me a text at 717-319-2100 and can send them. Yes, these bolt on into all stock locations and there is cutout to change the oil. Dealer won't have to remove anything for oil changes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@Sxrarick - Didn't see this post until now. Thanks for joining and happy to help you get your truck some protection.

I still have some plates in stock and they usually ship out the same day, no wait times right now since did a larger batch with spring/tax season coming.

FRONT skid plate, order link - in stock

REAR skid plate, order link - in stock

@Ralphxyz - I think I have the instructions in my phone, shoot me a text at 717-319-2100 and can send them. Yes, these bolt on into all stock locations and there is cutout to change the oil. Dealer won't have to remove anything for oil changes.
Yes, just a bolt on. I didn't have a lift or ramps so I took it to my local mechanic...did both front and rear; done in just over 1 1/2 hours! Haven't had to have the oil changed yet, but there is a cutout in the plate to accommodate that procedure...shouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, just a bolt on. I didn't have a lift or ramps so I took it to my local mechanic...did both front and rear; done in just over 1 1/2 hours! Haven't had to have the oil changed yet, but there is a cutout in the plate to accommodate that procedure...shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks.
I'll install a front this summer.
Chuck

1 - 20 of 26 Posts