Honda Ridgeline Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

Vendor
Thanks for the posts. Yea, ramps make it easier to install. If you don't have ramps another tip that helps is using a floor jack to do the front if you're installing by yourself. This keeps it level when you're bolting it on and easier since it's a bulky piece.

FRONT skid plate, order link - in stock

REAR skid plate, order link - in stock

Registered
I may have missed something but I needed to say that "you can't lift a vehicle by the shocks" I guess that you could make them long enough to bottom them out and forcing the truck up, but by the time you hit a bump, they'll need to be changed again.Lol

Registered
Aftermarket lifts for the RL use disks inserted about the front strut assemblies to gain ride height and ground clearance. New end links are needed due to the change in suspension geometry of the control arms and drive axles. Honda gave the Passport a bit more front ground clearance than the RL, reportedly by using a slightly longer front strut assembly and appropriately different end links. With the RL's unibody design and suspension, you can accomplish a modest lift by lengthening the front struts directly or indirectly, but that also changes the angle of operation of the drive axles.

Registered
I hit my edit limit when I went to correct my post #24 above. It should read:

"Aftermarket lifts for the RL use disks inserted above the front strut assemblies to gain ride height and ground clearance..."

21 - 26 of 26 Posts